Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do I copy audio success stories to my ipod from a Mac?

ChrisDavies

Registered
Hi Steffan, you`ll have downloaded the file to you computer from myREINspace. Now you`re going to have to open up iTunes and under the file menu click on `add file to library` or `add folder to library` and select the file you downloaded.

To get songs onto your iPod they need to be on a playlist. Hitting Apple+"N" will start a new one, or you can find the same option from the file menu. Name it something like REIN so it`s easily identifiable. Click on the file (under music) on the right and drag it onto the REIN playlist on the left.

Synch you ipod and away you go!

GarthChapman

Registered
To add to Chris` info, your new files will always automatically appear in your iPod after you sync it with iTunes if you download your new files to your iTunes folder (usually located within your My Music folder) or to a sub folder of your iTunes folder. That makes it simple and automatic. This is valid for Macs and Windows computers.

When I download REIN recordings to my iTunes folder I always name them consistently, beginning with `REIN` and then the name of the file as named by REIN (actually I tend to rename them too as REIN`s naming protocol has not yet evolved to a consistent one).

SteffanWatson

Registered
The problem I am having is it is being imported to iTunes as a .pdf file and not an audio file. Is there a way to convert it to an audio file?

ChrisDavies

Registered
Ah, there`s a link in the PDF you have to click on to get the actual audio file.

SteffanWatson

Registered
i can click and get the audio file however, i can`t seem to copy the audio file over to itunes.

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (RobWatson @ Apr 19 2009, 06:38 PM) i can click and get the audio file however, i can`t seem to copy the audio file over to itunes.

Clisk the download link in the pdf file and then select `save` and choose to save the file in your My Music or your iTunes folder. Then on your next hotsync it will be placed on your iPod.

SteffanWatson

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Apr 20 2009, 12:35 PM) Clisk the download link in the pdf file and then select `save` and choose to save the file in your My Music or your iTunes folder. Then on your next hotsync it will be placed on your iPod.

Thanks Gentlemen for walking me through this. I can open the audio file which plays on my browser. It is a quicktime application.

However, when I go to the file menu, the "Save As" option is a shade of grey not black which means I cannot perform the Saving of the file.

I may just call up the REIN office to see if they can assist me through this.

I have listened to a few of these interviews and find them incredibly valuable!

JimWhitelaw

Registered
That`s the most bizzare way to link to an MP3 I`ve ever seen. The PDF exists solely to provide the link to the audio file. When you download the PDF are you viewing it in Acrobat or Preview? Either way, you should be able to view the link to the mp3 file. Copy or retype that link in your browser (Safari?) and the save the MP3 file to your music folder.

The audio file isn`t an mp3 application; that`s the file association that is set in your browser - to play them via the quicktime player in the browser. You want to just download the file instead. I think you can change that default behaviour in the Safari preferences.

Also, another step that`s worthwhile for audio recordings like this or the REIN meeting CD`s is to convert them to audiobook format. Basically you use iTunes to re-encode them in AAC format and rename them to .M4B extension, then re-import to iTunes. The advantage is that for audiobooks, iTunes/iPod tracks your "bookmarks" and you can use the fast playback option which cuts the time it takes to listen to them.

See this guide for details:
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/itunsabk.htm

Top Bottom