Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ideas ?

konechny

Registered
I was looking for some suggestions for a property we are purchasing 10 min out town with a 4000 sq ft building on it. it has heat and a concrete floor.it isn`t the greatest looking building but sound enough. we had thought of storage with stalls and covered storage for boats. I thought I would ask other rein members if they had any other ideas
thanks craig konechny

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (konechny @ Dec 9 2007, 08:11 PM) I was looking for some suggestions for a property we are purchasing 10 min out town with a 4000 sq ft building on it. it has heat and a concrete floor.it isn`t the greatest looking building but sound enough. we had thought of storage with stalls and covered storage for boats. I thought I would ask other rein members if they had any other ideas
thanks craig konechny

How come you are buying it if you aren`t sure what to do with it? You are sure it`s a good deal?

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (konechny @ Dec 9 2007, 07:11 PM) I was looking for some suggestions for a property we are purchasing 10 min out town with a 4000 sq ft building on it. it has heat and a concrete floor.it isn`t the greatest looking building but sound enough. we had thought of storage with stalls and covered storage for boats. I thought I would ask other rein members if they had any other ideas
thanks craig konechny

What is the current zoning? That will ultimately impact what you can do with it.

konechny

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Dec 9 2007, 08:32 PM) How come you are buying it if you aren`t sure what to do with it? You are sure it`s a good deal?

we are purchasing this property (which is 5 acres and has a house on it) for our parents to live in and be closer to us and the building is already zoned commercial as a cabinet shop has run out or there prior

navaz

Registered
Depends where the property is and how could you market the property -storeage facility? recreational?

zapper7177

Registered
Hi Jen, Craig. It`s Ken from Bonnyville. Have you talked to any trucking outfits in the area or other oilfield companies? There tends to be truckers looking for storage for their rigs during the winter. Maybe put an ad in the local papers to rent the space.
Take care

konechny

Registered
QUOTE (zapper7177 @ Jan 2 2008, 08:51 PM) Hi Jen, Craig. It`s Ken from Bonnyville. Have you talked to any trucking outfits in the area or other oilfield companies? There tends to be truckers looking for storage for their rigs during the winter. Maybe put an ad in the local papers to rent the space.
Take care

thanks for the idea, I had not thought of that. I wonder what a person could charge for rent for truck storage

HeatherShadlock

Registered
QUOTE (konechny @ Jan 3 2008, 09:00 AM) thanks for the idea, I had not thought of that. I wonder what a person could charge for rent for truck storage

Try going on that "rentometer.com" that Russel talks about. I don`t know how much it will have for the Cold Lake area but it is worth a try. I have tried it in the NE Edmonton area and it comes up with the going rates that were advertised in local papers. Give it a try. And you are definately in the right area to be trying to rent it out to the oil companies. Only problem is that being January, most companies already have things lined up for this winter, but definately worth a shot.

Top Bottom