Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Investing Overseas

DealMaker

Registered
Wondering about investing overseas, specificaly Costa Rica, now that the loonie is at an all time high. Possibaly a new condo in Jaco that would be managed by a reputable co. Anyone else here have investments in Costa Rica? Is there many hoops to jump through? Is now a good time. We (my family and I) have plans to vacation there in Dec.

BMironov

Registered
Hello DealMaker,

Try to speak to Al Halari from Toronto. He presented few overseas deals during Infomercials. He might help.

simonfrancis

Registered
hey dealmaker,

did you get any feedback on the costa rica investment prospects?

I am trying to complete some due diligence on a specific opportunity.

Thanks,
simon

jarrettvaughan

Registered
I have been to Costa Rica and after travelling to 25 other countries it is definety geared for intense growth. I do know a couple people who purchased properties, only to find that they were already owned by someone else. They had to walk away from the deal. Saying this, if you are purchasing in a development, rather than raw land, your risk is decreased. They do have some unique "squatters" laws in Costa Rica so one must be careful.

Also, there are many books out that are specifically written about purchasing liesure investment real estate in Costa Rica. During my under-grad thesis work (Tourism Managment), i was very close to writing about this exact topic but changed half way through writing due to the lack of concrete data.

Top Bottom