Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for a decent property manager in roughly 4 months

Millions

Registered
I have heard they are hard to come by. I have a Suited House and the main floor is rented out by the room. And I have a condo downtown.

Might leave the country for 6-12 months so Im looking to have them managed while I am away and maybe forever after that.

Hopefully looking to get a decent rate and someone who is on the ball when a place is to become vacant or rent has not be paid.

Most likely an individual is best since I dont have any major rental units.

If you know anyone or any ideas at all, please let me know!

Thanks

Matt

Millions

Registered
QUOTE (GaryMcGowan @ Mar 7 2010, 08:24 PM) Where are your properties?

guess that would be a good
thing to mention. Sorry

I am in Calgary. Both are almost inner city nw and sw

JimWhitelaw

Registered
We do our own property management, so I` sorry I can`t recommend anyone for you. But I keep seeing so many complaints about property managers it makes me think that another strategy is in order. You have four months before your trip - that`s long enough to find and train someone to do the job you want. If you can find someone willing to work on a part-time basis for you, you can set them up to manage with your system instead of trying to fit your business to someone else`s system.

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Mar 8 2010, 01:08 PM) We do our own property management, so I` sorry I can`t recommend anyone for you. But I keep seeing so many complaints about property managers it makes me think that another strategy is in order. You have four months before your trip - that`s long enough to find and train someone to do the job you want. If you can find someone willing to work on a part-time basis for you, you can set them up to manage with your system instead of trying to fit your business to someone else`s system.

I was under the impression a broker`s license was required to manage property for others in Alberta? Was I mistaken? I noticed you said "Work on a part-time basis" so does that rule not apply if the manager is the employee of the owner? Granted that then the paperwork burden would be higher for withholding, EI, CPP, etc.

Michael

Top Bottom