My Success Story: The Importance of Relationships

philipluk

Registered
Nov 25, 2007
Toronto
Hi..

My name is Phil and I`ve been a REIN member since Aug 2006. I saw other members had sent in photos of themselves traveling around the world with their "Real Estate Investment in Canada" book in previous REIN meetings.. so I thought it would be fun to post my own :)

2247824165_2771bcc057.jpg

The photo was taken in the "Lin Family Garden" (板橋林家花園) a few days ago in Taipei, Taiwan. The Lin family was the largest landowner in Taiwan in the late 1800`s and early 1900`s and the leader of various industries vital to Taiwan`s development - thus becoming one of most powerful and influential families to lead the country. I thought it would be appropriate to bring the book here seeing as how real estate was such an important part of their wealth and also having such an elaborate garden sanctuary is part of my personal Belize.

I also wanted to say thanks again to Don, Russ and the whole REIN crew as I surprise even myself at how far things have gone in such a short time. By applying what I`ve learned in REIN over the past year, I was able to close on my latest property in Cambridge, Ontario a few weeks ago even though I was overseas in the midst of a 5-week vacation across Asia with my wife. By having the important key relationships in place which REIN stresses, it allowed me to get things done without having to be physically present. I even managed to work long distance with my property manager to place a tenant within just a few days of closing -- getting the confirmation on my cell phone while having a bowl of Vietnamese soup noodles at a local restaurant.

I also wanted to give acknowledgment and say thanks to fellow REIN members Tahani Aburaneh (my super real estate agent), Vanessa Russell (my super mortgage broker), Jamie and Monica Maltman (who introduced me to REIN) and Kennie Lo (my new found friend whose research and opinions have been ever so helpful).

Anyway, I just wanted to share this little bit of happiness with you all as I sit typing this email in Malaysia - with my wife napping beside me and only the sound of the ocean and the balmy tropical weather on my mind. At the risk of sounding like a cliche, I just wanted to reiterate how truly amazing the results you can create if you just have a little faith in yourself, work hard and apply a little follow through. Seriously.. just believe in yourself and take the first few steps. You never know where you can end up if you never try.

Here`s wishing everyone a most wonderous and prosperous Chinese New Year of the Rat!

Phil.

--
philip s luk
filanthropic investments group ltd.
--
www.filoinvestments.com

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Aug 22, 2007
www.donrcampbell.com
Congratulations Phil. Great to see you are also enjoying teh journey along the way, rather than waiting to achieve your ultimate goals.

Thank you for taking a picture of the book on your travels... we are really starting to collect many of them from Members` traveling all over North America and the rest of the world.

Enjoy your trip and look forward to seeing you at the next REIN Workshop.

(p.s. if anyone is traveling and can take a picture of the book cover somewhere on your travels, please e-mail them to [email protected] )

brocole

REIN Member
Aug 6, 2008
ON
QUOTE (philipluk @ Feb 10 2008, 09:36 AM) Hi..

My name is Phil and I`ve been a REIN member since Aug 2006. I saw other members had sent in photos of themselves traveling around the world with their "Real Estate Investment in Canada" book in previous REIN meetings.. so I thought it would be fun to post my own :)

2247824165_2771bcc057.jpg

The photo was taken in the "Lin Family Garden" (板橋林家花園) a few days ago in Taipei, Taiwan. The Lin family was the largest landowner in Taiwan in the late 1800`s and early 1900`s and the leader of various industries vital to Taiwan`s development - thus becoming one of most powerful and influential families to lead the country. I thought it would be appropriate to bring the book here seeing as how real estate was such an important part of their wealth and also having such an elaborate garden sanctuary is part of my personal Belize.

I also wanted to say thanks again to Don, Russ and the whole REIN crew as I surprise even myself at how far things have gone in such a short time. By applying what I`ve learned in REIN over the past year, I was able to close on my latest property in Cambridge, Ontario a few weeks ago even though I was overseas in the midst of a 5-week vacation across Asia with my wife. By having the important key relationships in place which REIN stresses, it allowed me to get things done without having to be physically present. I even managed to work long distance with my property manager to place a tenant within just a few days of closing -- getting the confirmation on my cell phone while having a bowl of Vietnamese soup noodles at a local restaurant.

I also wanted to give acknowledgment and say thanks to fellow REIN members Tahani Aburaneh (my super real estate agent), Vanessa Russell (my super mortgage broker), Jamie and Monica Maltman (who introduced me to REIN) and Kennie Lo (my new found friend whose research and opinions have been ever so helpful).

Anyway, I just wanted to share this little bit of happiness with you all as I sit typing this email in Malaysia - with my wife napping beside me and only the sound of the ocean and the balmy tropical weather on my mind. At the risk of sounding like a cliche, I just wanted to reiterate how truly amazing the results you can create if you just have a little faith in yourself, work hard and apply a little follow through. Seriously.. just believe in yourself and take the first few steps. You never know where you can end up if you never try.

Here`s wishing everyone a most wonderous and prosperous Chinese New Year of the Rat!

Phil.

--
philip s luk
filanthropic investments group ltd.
--
www.filoinvestments.com

congratulations Phil. I just joined REIN today and I am eagerly waiting for my quickstart programme to arrive etc so that I can get started. Would you consider sharing the number of your realestate agent and mortgage broker with me.

Thanks and continue to enjoy your vacation.