Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rookie of the Year

gregg

REIN Member
Wow, What a year its been!
You may recall my success story started out with a change of career after having lost my job, surviving a quadruple bypass and nearly broke to purchasing 20 buildings and improving my net worth to over a million dollars all within 18 months. What else could I have the good fortune to receive within a short period of time. Well, last Thursday REIN celebrated its annual awards program (in Ontario) and I again was fortunate enough to receive not only my gold pin for 17 buildings in one year but also a `Top Ten` award as well as `Rookie of the Year`. What a year! I am very proud of my achievments but all would not have been possible without my life partner Nicole, who quit her job and joined me on this whirlwind roller coaster ride to the top. We are still climbing and don`t plan to stop until we start exercising our exit strategy. She lives the extra 10% rule and helps keep me on track.

I want to thank all of you (REIN members) and Don and the REIN team especially, for helping make all this possible. You have given me a forum to help vent, articulate, solve problems and network. You have given me an audience to share stories, gain feedback on important landlording issues and a commradarie of friends I may never meet but knowing you are there is enough. The members I have met have been special. Thanks again and remember if I can do it...trust me on this, YOU CAN DO IT!

As Don says "don`t forget to give back" when you are able. Helping is truly a big part of success. If I can do anything to help you, feel free to contact me anytime.

Gregg

TerryF

Registered
Fantastic achievement, Gregg! Congratulations on your multiple awards - all well deserved! Sounds like you have a great support system (Nicole) behind you too - obviously a smart move

QUOTE (gregg @ Dec 8 2008, 06:32 AM) Wow, What a year its been!
You may recall my success story started out with a change of career after having lost my job, surviving a quadruple bypass and nearly broke to purchasing 20 buildings and improving my net worth to over a million dollars all within 18 months. What else could I have the good fortune to receive within a short period of time. Well, last Thursday REIN celebrated its annual awards program (in Ontario) and I again was fortunate enough to receive not only my gold pin for 17 buildings in one year but also a `Top Ten` award as well as `Rookie of the Year`. What a year! I am very proud of my achievments but all would not have been possible without my life partner Nicole, who quit her job and joined me on this whirlwind roller coaster ride to the top. We are still climbing and don`t plan to stop until we start exercising our exit strategy. She lives the extra 10% rule and helps keep me on track.

I want to thank all of you (REIN members) and Don and the REIN team especially, for helping make all this possible. You have given me a forum to help vent, articulate, solve problems and network. You have given me an audience to share stories, gain feedback on important landlording issues and a commradarie of friends I may never meet but knowing you are there is enough. The members I have met have been special. Thanks again and remember if I can do it...trust me on this, YOU CAN DO IT!

As Don says "don`t forget to give back" when you are able. Helping is truly a big part of success. If I can do anything to help you, feel free to contact me anytime.

Gregg

JoeRagona

Registered
Hi Gregg,

I was there at the meeting to celebrate your success...congratulations...

I`m following close behind you

You know, it`s funny that you won this award, because only a day or two earlier I linked my partner to your success story (he has yet to become an official REIN member) and he asked if anyof these stories were fabricated by REIN to sell memberships.

I will be linking him to this update today so he can see the value and truthfulness of this organization. (I know you are reading this buddy so here`s a hello
)

All the best for 2009...I would love to meet with you at the next meeting for a sit down..PM me if that`s possible.

gregg

REIN Member
Hi Joe,

I would be more than happy to have a personal conversation with your partner. As you know every transaction is recorded and registered so proof is not a problem. I also understand that someone may have doubts about the successes they hear about and until they experience that success themselves it will always be questionable. Please contact me for telephone information and I will get it to you right away.

Another sideline to my success story is that Real Estate Canada has been in touch to include me in one of their features in an upcoming issue. Something I am very excited about and another opportunity to express my gratitude to REIN for all the support they give us all. I am proud to be a REIN member and will continue to suggest a future member to make the move sooner rather than later. I would not have achieved the level of success I am enjoying without their help. There are so many components to REIN and one of the strongest and one that I have made very good use of is NETWORKING. The benefits of talking to like minded people can`t be stressed enough. All the best to you and your families this Christmas!

Gregg

QUOTE (JDRInvestments @ Dec 9 2008, 07:42 AM) Hi Gregg,

I was there at the meeting to celebrate your success...congratulations...

I`m following close behind you

You know, it`s funny that you won this award, because only a day or two earlier I linked my partner to your success story (he has yet to become an official REIN member) and he asked if anyof these stories were fabricated by REIN to sell memberships.

I will be linking him to this update today so he can see the value and truthfulness of this organization. (I know you are reading this buddy so here`s a hello
)

All the best for 2009...I would love to meet with you at the next meeting for a sit down..PM me if that`s possible.

TodorYordanov

Registered
Fantastic work Gregg. Give yourself a huge pat on your back. I can`t wait to read your story in the magazine.

watson80

Registered
Hello Gregg, Congratulations on your success! I have just joined the rein group and would like to know how you did so well so fast. I`m not interested in a get rich over night scheme, but if the hard work is there anything is possible as can be seen by your success. I`m going to the annual meeting in Toronto this weekend and I`m thinking of perhaps trying to find someone to be a mentor to me in the beginning to show me the ropes. What do you suggest is the best way to start out? i.e. with a mentor, on your own, JV`s, something else? Thanks for your help.

Alex Watson

gregg

REIN Member
Hello Alex,

Thanks for the good wishes, I will be at the ACRE/REIN weekend in Toronto this weekend and would be happy to discuss my successes and offer you some suggestions that might help you on your road to long term success. My situation might be described as an example of the "Law of Attraction" at work. There have been so many situations where people have come out of the woodwork and I just happen to be there at the exact right time. Timing is very important in this business and seizing the opportunity when it presents itself is crutial. The important thing is to know what you are looking for so when it comes along you won`t be wasting time trying to decide if it is a right move or not you will know. Hope to see you Friday or over the weekend. What city are you from, it doesn`t show on your profile? It is a four hour drive for me to go to the REIN meetings each month so I will be leaving early tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Gregg

QUOTE (watson80 @ Apr 16 2009, 12:52 PM) Hello Gregg, Congratulations on your success! I have just joined the rein group and would like to know how you did so well so fast. I`m not interested in a get rich over night scheme, but if the hard work is there anything is possible as can be seen by your success. I`m going to the annual meeting in Toronto this weekend and I`m thinking of perhaps trying to find someone to be a mentor to me in the beginning to show me the ropes. What do you suggest is the best way to start out? i.e. with a mentor, on your own, JV`s, something else? Thanks for your help.

Alex Watson

brettthompson

Registered
hi gregg - great story. we were introduced a couple of weeks ago, for a golf and poker night at mikes house.
im a new REIN member as of today and just starting out.is there any chance we meet and go over a few things.
thanks - brett

gregg

REIN Member
Sure Brett, just give me a call I`d be happy to go over my story and hopefully help in any way I can. My number is 705-690-1659

Greg

QUOTE (brettthompson @ Jun 14 2009, 02:08 PM) hi gregg - great story. we were introduced a couple of weeks ago, for a golf and poker night at mikes house.
im a new REIN member as of today and just starting out.is there any chance we meet and go over a few things.
thanks - brett

Top Bottom