Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Small Success

invst4profit

Registered
QUOTE (d`souza @ Sep 18 2009, 09:19 PM) I have fallen asleep reading the RTA. I have also been to the LTB as an observer a couple times to get a better grasp of the proceedings, to learn what not to do as a landlord, and to watch what to avoid. Knowing that I will be there one day in the future. It is the best landlord education that I couldn`t pay for. And I don`t pretend to know it all. I read, ask questions, read, talk about it, read, reflect and take action.

Take Care,

Quentin

When the day comes that you have to take a tenant to the board you will get much more first hand assistance from the Ontario landlord forum than you will from here. This is primarily a investing forum with very little direct feedback on the LTB. Some may have the experience here with bad tenants but seldom is detailed information passed on as it is on the other forum. I suspect there is some fear of scaring off investors interested in Ontario. But that is only my opinion.

housingrental

Registered
Yes but rein forum still much better on the whole. More active and no anti-landlord posters here.
Content of posts here might also have something to do with many rein posters target single family properties, are looking to start investing and have yet to purchase, or hire managers vs over there most seem to be self managing multi-plex owners.

QUOTE (invst4profit @ Sep 20 2009, 12:20 AM) When the day comes that you have to take a tenant to the board you will get much more first hand assistance from the Ontario landlord forum than you will from here. This is primarily a investing forum with very little direct feedback on the LTB. Some may have the experience here with bad tenants but seldom is detailed information passed on as it is on the other forum. I suspect there is some fear of scaring off investors interested in Ontario. But that is only my opinion.

invst4profit

Registered
One of the things I enjoy the most about this site is the variety of posts and the fact that there is a wider base of information on here. Finances for one.
Although I am a LL first and foremost I do have other interests which are not addressed on the Ontario landlord site but it serves it`s purpose.

Top Bottom