Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant Called Fire Department

Nir

REIN Member
Hi,

A tenant called the fire dpeartment. 3 trucks were sent to my place to check. however, it was a false alarm.
will the government pay for the service in this case, the tenant or me?

Thanks,
Neil

housingrental

Registered
I don`t know if it is different elsewhere.
I`ve had fire trucks come many times from tenants and from fire alarm systems in certain locations are setup to be monitored by the fire department.. so things like tenants using hairy spray near CO detector and it going off etc.. in my experience have never resulted in any costs to the landlord or tenant in Waterloo

Nir

REIN Member
QUOTE (housingrental @ Apr 14 2010, 08:39 AM) I don`t know if it is different elsewhere.
I`ve had fire trucks come many times from tenants and from fire alarm systems in certain locations are setup to be monitored by the fire department.. so things like tenants using hairy spray near CO detector and it going off etc.. in my experience have never resulted in any costs to the landlord or tenant in Waterloo

Thanks Adam.

brad

REIN Member
It depends..........

If it is an accidental activation, detector in alarm, emergency, or perceived emergency, then there is no charge. If it is deemed to be malicious or your fire protection system is malfunctioning, then it COULD be billable.

At the end of the day it comes down to how it is recorded/documented in the Officers notes.

Brad

Top Bottom