Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thank You Telus!

JeffSmith

Registered
I related the following story at the Ont. REIN meeting in Aug., 07 and thought others might find it interesting as well.

I received a "loyal customer perks letter" from Telus in Dec. 2005. The letter contained a gift of a box of chocolates, a $25. gift certificate for Amazon.com and another item that I can`t remember. I selected the gift certificate for Amazon and started surfing the site. My interests in real estate led me to Don Campbell`s book Real Estate Investing in Canada. I received the book in Jan 2006 and joined REIN in March 2006.

Since joining REIN I have enjoyed equity gains of approx. $500,000. from 4 real estate investments. It is from the principles outlined in Don`s book, relationships developed within and through REIN and the confidence gained through the actions of investing that have been the difference.

So, thank you Telus (I never thought I would ever say that) your perk has definitly perked up my bottom line.

Like my wife says, just put it out there, you never know where it will come from.

mikecunning

REIN Member
Way to go Jeff! I love hearing how people got started...you should send your story to Telus!

Mike

RebeccaBryan

Registered
That`s a really neat story. I agree with Mike, you should send it to Telus. I wonder what they would do with a story like that?

JeffSmith

Registered
QUOTE (RebeccaBryan @ Dec 7 2007, 07:08 PM) That`s a really neat story. I agree with Mike, you should send it to Telus. I wonder what they would do with a story like that?
Hi Rebecca,

Don Campbell said the same thing in Aug. as you and Mike. Perhaps I should send it to Telus. They may resume the perks thing. That way others might be guided towards their own interests/rewards. Telus must have discontinued the promo as the Telus calendars were the perks this year.
P.S. Congrats on your award this past Tues.

R

RussellWestcott

QUOTE Thank You Telus!.

Great story Mike, thanks for sharing. I imagine if you send that story to Telus, I bet they do not get a note like this very often (at least the one with your headline).

If you send this to them you may brighten someones day...

Congratulations on you following through and taking the actions to accomplish your results to date.

As the great quote from Syrus goes...

“Many Receive Advice, Only The Wise Profit From It!”

Well done

bonniemersereau

Registered
Please. please send it to TELUS... I know a few REIN members who work for TELUS and they usually hear abou the issues not the positives. If you want me to I could pass it on to TELUS for you.

Bonnie
style_emoticons

JeffSmith

Registered
Hi Bonnie,

I can relate to usually hearing from the problems and not always getting the positive responses. I have no problem with you sending the story to Telus.

Jeff

chrismccallum

REIN Member
Those kind of stories are the ones that make employees so grateful, and put smiles on their faces. Please send it to them, and let us know what they say!

winnielee

REIN Member
Hello everyone,

I just renewed my Telus contract for my cellphone and got an amazing package as they don`t want me to move to another provider since I been with them for over 12 years but maybe some of you can try and ask tell them that someone was able to get this as I was able to change my brother plan as well.

For $45/mth:
- unlimited incoming
- 450 min. anytime
- free after 5pm
- 25 voice mail, 100 text,
- caller ID, conference call
- and this is the coolest part, I get my fav 10 vs 5 that everyone else get and I can accept these calls nationally, which is perfect for me as I travel so much and especially between Vancouver and Edmonton.
- an extra bonus right now, you can have unlimited internet for your blackberry for only $15/mth, normally is $100. Perfect that I can be mobile and still stay on top of everything.

I guess I`ll keep my phone for while and I also got their newest blackberry pearl as well, even I don`t like blackberry but I can live with this one as it`s so tiny.

cheers.

Winnielee
style_emoticons

HeatherBrandt

Registered
Hi everyone,

I have another Telus story. A little over a year ago, I wanted to get a subscription to the National Post. I had been reading it for a while and picking it up at the store each day was expensive and a waste of time. The cost of the subscription was $270, which was enough to make me think about it for a while. Telus sent me an offer for a 12 month subscription for $35. An offer I couldn`t refuse! The subscription is almost done, so I was hoping I would get an offer for a reduced rate from the original cost. Well, the offer to renew came today for the same $35/year. I love having the paper on the doorstep at 7am!

I don`t know if they are still taking new subscriptions, but the webpage is still available for those interested. http://www.postprivileges.com/telus/

Heather Brandt

EdRenkema

Registered
Thank you Telus, thank you Heather.
I looked into the National Post deal as I was much like you, picking it up at the crnr store. I am a Telus cell user going on 10 yrs now but found the offer thru Telus had expired. I called National Post and they honoured the $35/yr subscription which I initiated this week. To my pleasant surprise it was on my front porch yesterday - one day early! I live in a small town and I really don`t know how it gets there
Again the power of the network proves itself
style_emoticons

Ed R

Top Bottom