Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What the hell

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Many books have been written by people who have been successful and in those they share the journey and sometimes the `how` they did it. This is fantastic and there are some truly inspiring stories.

For about two years I have been toying with the idea of doing it the other way round. No, I don`t mean write a book on not being successful but rather in a book or from stage telling the world what exactly I would achieve way before it happens and put it out there in the world and trust it.

About 4 years ago I told a group of students at a workshop that one day I would write a book. Being dyslexic, this was a huge call and it came out by accident….or did it? Anyway, my first book will be published this September so I guess there may be something in it.

So for the first time in my life I will announce from stage this weekend what I am going to be doing in 16 years from now to test this out again. This is not to impress anyone but rather to hopefully inspire people to say out loud to others what it is they REALLY want to do and run the risk of people thinking you are stupid, mad or simply looking for attention.

It takes courage to step out and say truly what it is you want in life and more of us need to do this. OK I will go first!!!!!!!

Patrick

Staff member
REIN Member
QUOTE (PhilipMcKernan @ Jun 25 2009, 07:06 PM) Many books have been written by people who have been successful and in those they share the journey and sometimes the `how` they did it. This is fantastic and there are some truly inspiring stories.

For about two years I have been toying with the idea of doing it the other way round. No, I don`t mean write a book on not being successful but rather in a book or from stage telling the world what exactly I would achieve way before it happens and put it out there in the world and trust it.

About 4 years ago I told a group of students at a workshop that one day I would write a book. Being dyslexic, this was a huge call and it came out by accident….or did it? Anyway, my first book will be published this September so I guess there may be something in it.

So for the first time in my life I will announce from stage this weekend what I am going to be doing in 16 years from now to test this out again. This is not to impress anyone but rather to hopefully inspire people to say out loud to others what it is they REALLY want to do and run the risk of people thinking you are stupid, mad or simply looking for attention.

It takes courage to step out and say truly what it is you want in life and more of us need to do this. OK I will go first!!!!!!!

Philip

Congratulations...! And thank you for an absolutely brilliant presentation at the ALIFE event this past weekend. Your talk combined with the other speakers to contribute to a REIN member weekend for those who attended will not likely ever forget.

You are a prime example of the changes anyone can make in their life by setting powerful intentions, making a commitment to yourself, and taking action that move you forward in the direction of your goals.

Again...Mr. President of Ireland... A big Thank you!

JoeRagona

Registered
Philip,

Your character kind of reminds me of myself. Now I`m not trying to compare in any way, but I have always run my life like that - I tell people the way it is good or bad - my personal journey has had me working as an entrepreneur since age 13 and I have never looked back, in that journey, I have ALWAYS stated where I was going to be. I am 44 now, and since that time I have had 5 different careers and have jumped ship from one successful one to the absolute beginnings of another. I truly have begun careers without a `safety net` of a job. My wife has supported me, it has been VERY tough at times but at the same time, the economic turmoil does not affect me because I can live without 20$ in my wallet if I have to.

I`m sure both you and Patrick can admit putting money back into the company before taking anything out for yourself. It has made me a tough person, one who appreciates what I have as well as being able to live the simple life. My family lives this way and my son who is now 12 has been working in his own business since age 9 - following the same rules I was taught. His responsibility and respect for his `clients` is already a part of his character.

It`s why people like you and Patrick (and so many more) inspire me to live this final career destination to the max. I too will write a `journey` inspired book and join you guys on stage one day because my story brings a different edge to `how successful people do it`

I don`t pretend to be as successful as many of the people here, but I do bring real life situations to my business and how I attract new partners and deal with my colleagues.

As you, I am not afraid to admit anything, ask for help or even predict my future. I have used the laws of attraction all my life before I even knew what it was a year ago.

All the best to you and the entire REIN community. I will be the first in line for your book.

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Philip;

Thank you for your powerful presentation this weekend! Your talk about confidence really struck home with me, and it resonated a lot with what Steffany had been talking about the night before. I have no doubt that you can achieve your `summit` if you are truly commited, and I value being around people like yourself who have the courage to state their fears and `shortcomings` and still achieve great success in their lives - overcoming all obstacles as they arrive.

You are an inspiriation to me personally, and I am going to be taking the same path as you have. I will open another thread about people`s `big fat lie` and about what it will do for their confidence and self image if they conquer that.

Thanks again Philip, and I hope to meet you personally very soon;

Warm regards;

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Philip,

Thank you for using the word "Orgasm" in your presentation. I laughed for about five minutes steady after that and all the people at my table were wondering about me I am certain!! :)

On a more serious note, your presentation was inspirational and exceptional and the standing ovation you received was well deserved.

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Thank you for the feedback!

Without the positive energy of the REIN members it would have been so different so thank YOU.

P.S. The Orgasm story was NOT part of my plan but there you go!

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (PhilipMcKernan @ Jun 30 2009, 03:59 PM) Thank you for the feedback!

Without the positive energy of the REIN members it would have been so different so thank YOU.

P.S. The Orgasm story was NOT part of my plan but there you go!

You rocked it buddy....Go maire tú an lá!

Top Bottom