Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

$10 Oil on the horizon?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
yeah .. and Maloney stated that he is right only 50% or so of the time only !

So what is he making money on besides selling books, tapes and CDs ?

If I knew how to make (more) money than silver I'd offer a silver syndication product !

until then, I stick what is tried and proven: REAL properties owned by REAL people rented to REAL people in the REAL world sending me REAL cheques every month with REAL mortgage paydown and usually REAL cash-flow and REAL equity upside due to inflation !!

Who in this society benefits from silver and especially, gold, after it is out of teh ground ? It has almost NO SOCIETAL BENEFIT.

With a real asset you pay for mortgage brokers, realtors, painters, plumbers, roofers, lock smiths, property managers, bankers, landscapers, accountants, web site designers .. REAL MONTHLY ECONOMIC STIMULUS.

Why is this "capital gain" on a paper stock or gold not taxed higher ? Traders or gold owners do not provide societies any lasting or ongoing benefits besides themselves !!

greg12

Registered
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]yeah .. and Maloney stated that he is right only 50% or so of the time only !

So what is he making money on besides selling books, tapes and CDs ?

If I knew how to make (more) money than silver I'd offer a silver syndication product !

until then, I stick what is tried and proven: REAL properties owned by REAL people rented to REAL people in the REAL world sending me REAL cheques every month with REAL mortgage paydown and usually REAL cash-flow and REAL equity upside due to inflation !!

Who in this society benefits from silver and especially, gold, after it is out of teh ground ? It has almost NO SOCIETAL BENEFIT.

With a real asset you pay for mortgage brokers, realtors, painters, plumbers, roofers, lock smiths, property managers, bankers, landscapers, accountants, web site designers .. REAL MONTHLY ECONOMIC STIMULUS.

Why is this "capital gain" on a paper stock or gold not taxed higher ? Traders or gold owners do not provide societies any lasting or ongoing benefits besides themselves !!

Great stuff Thomas! Two thumbs up! Way up!! :). I also love real estate,and I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise.

The only slight change I'd make to your post is the part about who benefits from Silver in society. Before you type a reply, I invite you to pull off one of the keys on your keyboard and check out that shiny "silvery" soldering underneath. I wonder what that stuff is...hmm. How about the battery in your watch?..Oh and I forgot...your Iphone or Blackberry is as good as dead without all the silver in it. Here are some other uses:

Notice how all the industries affected are core to our society and key for technological advancement. You may argue that gold is hoarded, but silver is definitely consumed.

Rickson9

Registered
Silver has anti microbial properties. Gold is also used for many purposes. Thomas repeatly shows no fear in displaying is ignorance of all things not real estate. Kudos!

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=Rickson9]Silver has anti microbial properties

Definitely. It has numerous industrial uses, one of the big ones is electrical contacts. I had heard rumours about it being in hospital/surgical gear (which you'd probably know about if true) and odour fighting socks.

But traditional photography has had a pretty steep decline, so it'll be interesting to see where the price settles out. (Back up to $32 as I write this, up 6% on the day.) The market is very volatile, I believe because it's mostly traders and few end users/producers.

Regards,

Michael

greg12

Registered
[quote user=bizaro86]

But traditional photography has had a pretty steep decline, so it'll be interesting to see where the price settles out. (Back up to $32 as I write this, up 6% on the day.)

Michael

Photography is a small and increasingly insignificant portion of Silver's uses. In the chart below, notice that the fastest growing demand for silver is coming from investors? People are starting to wake up and smell the coffee. The minting of coins is also growing perhaps because these investors are sophisticated and demanding physical silver; the Feds of the world are also minting more. ETFs are another paper based scam. I would stay away from the markets right now.

demand11.jpg

Next to oil, silver is the most used material by man. Oil has about 30,000 uses while Silver is used in around 10,000 applications.

RedlineBrett

Registered
I've enjoyed being a fly on the wall for this thread. Thanks for the great discussion guys!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=greg12]Next to oil, silver is the most used material by man. Oil has about 30,000 uses while Silver is used in around 10,000 applications.

indeed !!

And gold ?? what else besides being shiny and being used for Jewellery ?

[quote user=greg12]ETFs are another paper based scam.
Why ? most are backed by physical metals are they not ?

[quote user=greg12] I would stay away from the markets right now.
Why ? no more inflation ?

greg12

Registered
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]

[quote user=greg12]ETFs are another paper based scam.
Why ? most are backed by physical metals are they not ?

NO! silver ETFs aren't back by physical metals. If everyone who owned an ETF today sudenly wanted their physical silver, then they will be in for a rude shock. This information is not a secret out there. I will leave you to do more reading.

[quote user=greg12] I would stay away from the markets right now.
Why ? no more inflation ?

The markets are all nothing but paper and IOUs heavily rigged against the small investor. Like real estate, I buy the hard stuff that I can see & feel i.e. physical minted silver.

I don't know enough about gold.

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=greg12]Photography is a small and increasingly insignificant portion of Silver's uses. In the chart below, notice that the fastest growing demand for silver is coming from investors?

That's pretty much exactly what I said in post 13. Silver is becoming more and more dominated by investment purchasers, which is driving the volatility.

Also, if you travel in numismatic circles, you know that much of the silver coin being minted is being purchased for investment reasons, which means you can add the two bars on that graph.

Regards,

Michael

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]And gold ?? what else besides being shiny and being used for Jewellery ?

Gold would have tons of industrial uses if it wasn't so expensive. It's much more conductive than copper, for example. However, if you replace old wiring you don't use gold because of the extreme cost.

greg12

Registered
[quote user=bizaro86]

That's pretty much exactly what I said in post 13. Silver is becoming more and more dominated by investment purchasers, which is driving the volatility.

Also, if you travel in numismatic circles, you know that much of the silver coin being minted is being purchased for investment reasons, which means you can add the two bars on that graph.

Michael

Can you blame them? All the Silver available in this world is as big as one tower of the old World Trade Centre. Everyday, tiny chips are being taken off this giant silver cube. Now that investors, soon to be followed by greedy masses of suckers are joining the fray, the laws of supply & demand will take over. Only the patient investor will reap true gains however. In fact, the total amount of silver available has reduced so fast that it has become more scarce than gold for the first time in the history of this planet. And it keeps on reducing many times faster than it is being mined.

The total value of Silver ETFs today on the other hand is hundreds of millions of dollars more than the silver available.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=greg12]The total value of Silver ETFs today on the other hand is hundreds of millions of dollars more than the silver available.

is it ? Do you have proof of that ?

greg12

Registered
[quote user=ThomasBeyer][quote user=greg12]The total value of Silver ETFs today on the other hand is hundreds of millions of dollars more than the silver available.

is it ? Do you have proof of that ?

A real estate website is not the best place to get education on Silver. I don't recall the exact amount, but my estimate above might be way less than reality. Just google "Silver Price manipulation" or "JP Morgan Silver". Below is a video to get you started. Happy googling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl47z2g2EvI

Top Bottom