Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A couple questions...

Lucas

Registered
Hi all,

I have a couple things I need clarified...

1. I am going to potentially be renting a suite out to an excellent young couple but I would like them to get a co-signer. How do I do this?

2. I heard (I think on this forum...or maybe Quickstart) that a person can check their own credit for free without damaging there beacon score. How do I do this and what are the restrictions (ie. once per year, etc...).

Any help re: these two important matters would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

SamEfford

Registered
QUOTE (Lucas @ May 6 2008, 06:37 PM) 2. I heard (I think on this forum...or maybe Quickstart) that a person can check their own credit for free without damaging there beacon score. How do I do this and what are the restrictions (ie. once per year, etc...).
To check your credit for free, go to equifax.ca and fill out their request to receive a free report by mail. Any personal inquiries do not affect beacon scores. Here is the link: http://www.equifax.com/EFX_Canada/consumer...overview_e.html I do not think there are any time restrictions, except for snail mail.

As for the co-signor, I cannot help you with that.

Lucas

Registered
Tx Sam...appreciate your time...

QUOTE (SamEfford @ May 7 2008, 06:58 AM) To check your credit for free, go to equifax.ca and fill out their request to receive a free report by mail. Any personal inquiries do not affect beacon scores. Here is the link: http://www.equifax.com/EFX_Canada/consumer...overview_e.html I do not think there are any time restrictions, except for snail mail.

As for the co-signor, I cannot help you with that.

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Lucas,

Just add the co-signors name to the lease and get a signature just as you would with the tenants themselves. Make sure you get all of their information as well so you know for certain they would be able to pay if the tenants did not.

ChrisDavies

Registered
And when I have tenants apply (and when i worked for a property management firm) we just pulled their credit history straight from EquiFax. It`s nice that you`re letting them do it, but one inquiry isn`t likely to break their credit.

Lucas

Registered
Thanks everybody...This forum is great!!!

QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ May 7 2008, 09:47 AM) And when I have tenants apply (and when i worked for a property management firm) we just pulled their credit history straight from EquiFax. It`s nice that you`re letting them do it, but one inquiry isn`t likely to break their credit.

TomRebstock

Registered
You can check people`s credit online (if you pay a membership fee).

This is just one company.

http://www.rentcheckcorp.com/

May be other members have opinions.

Tom Rebstock
style_emoticons

Top Bottom