Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Prayer especially for Real Estate Investors

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Here`s the prayer I used in my REIN presentation Monday and Tuesday in Calgary and Edmonton March 16/17 (and again in August 2010 at the multi-family event in Edmonton).
I thought this one was especially useful for real estate investors:

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

1 Corinthians 16:13

Please feel free to add your own that you have found useful when facing adversity or challenges in real estate investing or management as it is not always "rosy" !

NJang

Registered
Thomas, very good word... here`s a few more:Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.
-Psalm 112:5

Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
-Hebrews 10:24

Conrad5

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Mar 20 2009, 09:19 AM) Here`s the prayer I used in my REIN presentation Monday and Tuesday in Calgary and Edmonton March 16/17. I had a few requests since it did not make it onto the slides. I thought this one was especially useful for real estate investors !!
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Please feel free to add your own that you have found useful when facing adversity or challenges in real estate investing or management as it is not always "rosy" !

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might: for there is no work or device or knowledge in the grave where you are going. Ecc 9:10

AndyLuchies

Registered
One of my personal favorites:

Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:9

By the way, excellent topic Thomas, I was planning to write a topic inviting others to explain how their religious beliefs have influenced their real estate transactions,goals,etc. but never got around to it...maybe I should.

And I heard recently that you are a Christian! (I guess that`s a little more obvious to me now that you`re quoting from the bible and praying, haha) Being from the East I haven`t yet had the luxury of hearing you speak.

that explains why you`re always trying to help people out. It shows.
Num6v24+

ChrisDavies

Registered
I thought about this topic a couple weeks ago when I sent in the letter directing my Edmonton taxes to the Catholic school board. I`m also a fan of incorporating donations and education into my JV`s and in how I deal with tenants. I`ve done a lot of evictions, and my faith has been a fantastic guide through each of them.

Jessome

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Mar 21 2009, 11:38 AM) I`ve done a lot of evictions, and my faith has been a fantastic guide through each of them.

How?

Mjay2009

Registered
Thankyou Thomas, You are a wonderful mentor, and we are all truly blessed to having you in our times of need. having in our lives QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Mar 20 2009, 08:19 AM) Here`s the prayer I used in my REIN presentation Monday and Tuesday in Calgary and Edmonton March 16/17. I had a few requests since it did not make it onto the handouts. I thought this one was especially useful for real estate investors:

greg12

Registered
Great topic. Fact is that due dilligence can only take an investor so far. Fundamentals are a reasonable indication, but that`s all they are. There are unforseen forces that can only be mitigated by spiritual strength. Here`s a verse:

fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

jkcomm

Registered
Hi Thomas,

Thanks very much for showing us that the Christian faith does have an important place in business, especially real estate!

You have reinforced the idea that we can`t control everything in real estate (or in our lives for that matter). It was a really good wake up call.

James

selewis

Registered
Wow. Cool.

I`m going to share the passage that the Lord used to settle me into real estate as one of my three or four main tracks in life.

I am a pastor/teacher at a small new church in Sarnia, Ontario. And for some time the battle between "full-time" ministry and "tent-making ministry" (i.e. part-time ministry, supported by work or business) was being fought at my soul level. It was a difficult transition to make into the business world. Not because I didn`t understand it or was unable to do it, but because I had been conditioned to see "full-time" ministry as the better option of the two.

I was reading Acts 20 a couple of years ago, specifically 20:34, where Paul says to the Ephesian elders, "You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions."

I grew up knowing about Paul the tentmaking missionary - how he worked on his own business in order to supply the needs of his ministry life. It was for the very first time a couple years ago when I read this verse that I noticed that the profits from Paul`s business not only supplied his own needs, but also the needs of his whole ministry team!

I suddenly wanted to continue investing in real estate for the sake of not only my family`s needs, but also those who surround me in ministry and outward from there. My interest in real estate, once I settled the "I want to do this" question and the "it`s okay to do this" question, began to thrive. I went from owning 4 properties in the first 6-7 years to adding 7 more in the past 2 years.

I don`t know if Paul`s business profits were simply given to his teammates as gifts, or if (as may be more likely), Paul helped Luke and Silas and Timothy (and whoever else it may have been at any given time), by showing them how to cut and sew and create tents right along with him. If this is the case, it may also speak something to us about joint ventures and other ways of "sharing the wealth" by using our expertise to help others meet the needs of their lives and ministries as they learn from and share in our business and its profits.

Anyway, all this to say that Acts 20:34 has helped me for two years now. It has grounded me in the reality that business and its profits can be powerful tools to finance the kingdom and advance His purposes. I love it!

AndyLuchies

Registered
Excellent selewis! I am going through the exact same deal, I wanted to PM you, but its disabled for you,

I'm going to post my message publicly to get more insight from others, possibly, but I'd really love to hear from you:
Wow. Cool.

I'm going to share the passage that the Lord used to settle me into real estate as one of my three or four main tracks in life.

I am a pastor/teacher at a small new church in Sarnia, Ontario. And for some time the battle between "full-time" ministry and "tent-making ministry" (i.e. part-time ministry, supported by work or business) was being fought at my soul level. It was a difficult transition to make into the business world. Not because I didn't understand it or was unable to do it, but because I had been conditioned to see "full-time" ministry as the better option of the two.

I was reading Acts 20 a couple of years ago, specifically 20:34, where Paul says to the Ephesian elders, "You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions."

I grew up knowing about Paul the tentmaking missionary - how he worked on his own business in order to supply the needs of his ministry life. It was for the very first time a couple years ago when I read this verse that I noticed that the profits from Paul's business not only supplied his own needs, but also the needs of his whole ministry team!

I suddenly wanted to continue investing in real estate for the sake of not only my family's needs, but also those who surround me in ministry and outward from there. My interest in real estate, once I settled the "I want to do this" question and the "it's okay to do this" question, began to thrive. I went from owning 4 properties in the first 6-7 years to adding 7 more in the past 2 years.

I don't know if Paul's business profits were simply given to his teammates as gifts, or if (as may be more likely), Paul helped Luke and Silas and Timothy (and whoever else it may have been at any given time), by showing them how to cut and sew and create tents right along with him. If this is the case, it may also speak something to us about joint ventures and other ways of "sharing the wealth" by using our expertise to help others meet the needs of their lives and ministries as they learn from and share in our business and its profits.

Anyway, all this to say that Acts 20:34 has helped me for two years now. It has grounded me in the reality that business and its profits can be powerful tools to finance the kingdom and advance His purposes. I love it!

Conrad5

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Nice to know there are Pastors here on the forum.
Conrad.

mlwilliamson

Registered
Hello Brother Thomas,

Are the men of REIN tithing, to bring blessing to others and reap the benefits thereof. One of the things I aim to do is to tithe(1/10) of my net real estate earnings.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Malachi 3:10

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (mlwilliamson @ Mar 29 2009, 02:35 PM) Hello Brother Thomas,

Are the men of REIN tithing, to bring blessing to others and reap the benefits thereof. One of the things I aim to do is to tithe(1/10) of my net real estate earnings.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Malachi 3:10
indeed .. more or less ..

donksky

Registered
Romans 8:28 teaches that "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love [Him]." But relying on that guarantee gets tough when we`re in the midst of trials. I`ve had a tough winter with one of my properties. This passage helps me.

rickm

Registered
Hello friends,

This is my first post as a REIN member..

I noted recently that real estate investors had a major role in the expansion of the early church. Acts 4:34-35 reads "From time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles` feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need".

Even St. Barnabas, the patron saint of all real estate investors, "sold a field he owned
" and used the money in strategic ways to benefit others.

This is encouraging stuff!

-Rick

mlwilliamson

Registered
Rickm,

You are on the right track. Its not by works but by faith, but faith without works is dead.
Any body can give. I thithe 10%.

Cheers,

QUOTE (rickm @ Apr 7 2009, 02:48 AM) Hello friends,

This is my first post as a REIN member..

I noted recently that real estate investors had a major role in the expansion of the early church. Acts 4:34-35 reads "From time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles` feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need".

Even St. Barnabas, the patron saint of all real estate investors, "sold a field he owned
" and used the money in strategic ways to benefit others.

This is encouraging stuff!

-Rick

GeorgeGlumac

Registered
Dear Thomas,

l am deeply moved by your post and all those that have followed. The entire philosophy of REIN has always impressed me as caring and compassionate. It is a privilege to belong to this group.

Best regards,

George

bluejer

Registered
Thanks for the posts guys. It is awesome. I work as a missionary teacher in Ethiopia and just joined REIN. The major part of my personal Belize is to be a tent-making missionary using real estate.

Selewis & jessandy – I am quite interested in how you are progressing dealing with the realities of ministry as well as real estate.

Jessandy – I personally believe I can’t leave what God has called me to do. That is the basic fundamental for me. I can do real estate part time and do it with excellence and over the next few years I hope to gain all of my personal support in passive income. I think it is responsible and part of being a good steward.

I agree with Tithing. Opens the windows of heaven!!

Jeremy

AndyLuchies

Registered
Sounds like you`ve got things figured out bluejer, that`s excellent. For me it`s more trying to discern what I think God wants me to do with my life...is it to pour the majority of my time into RE and then finance other people`s ministries/charities through my RE business, or is it full-time ministry myself with RE on the side? Right now I`ve kinda resigned myself to doing what I feel I should in each moment and letting God sort things out.

QUOTE (bluejer @ Apr 27 2009, 01:31 PM) Thanks for the posts guys. It is awesome. I work as a missionary teacher in Ethiopia and just joined REIN. The major part of my personal Belize is to be a tent-making missionary using real estate.

Selewis & jessandy – I am quite interested in how you are progressing dealing with the realities of ministry as well as real estate.

Jessandy – I personally believe I can`t leave what God has called me to do. That is the basic fundamental for me. I can do real estate part time and do it with excellence and over the next few years I hope to gain all of my personal support in passive income. I think it is responsible and part of being a good steward.

I agree with Tithing. Opens the windows of heaven!!

Jeremy

Top Bottom