Active Investor/Operator in KW-London Area

3canctheayr

Registered
Nov 28, 2013
Introduction

(I hope it's ok to post this in this forum?)

Hi I'm a smaller Active Investor/Operator in The KW/London Area of SW Ontario. I only recently became aware of this site and am looking into all that this program offers.

I'm also looking to network with other like minded folks in this geographical area. If you're in the KW/Cambridge or London Area and want to meet, or know of some local meetings, please let me know.

I currently have 2 properties and a small but growing track record of success in both running my units and adding value.

Thanks,

Brian

REINteam

Registered
Aug 22, 2007
Welcome to the forum, Brian!

Great to hear that your looking into our resources and planning to grow your portfolio.

Let us know how we can help.

3canctheayr

Registered
Nov 28, 2013
Thanks,

I've signed up for the local meetup group that was suggested to me as well. Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Brian

LondonRE

Registered
Feb 5, 2014
Brian,

From reading your posts it look likes you have been interested in investing in residential income properties for while now but failed to pull the trigger.

This is often the case when you are inexperienced in business. Or you had some serious challenges in other business sectors which led you to be gun shy and timid about putting your limited dollars into a new business opportunity.

Don't let any of this hold you back, Brian! I recommend reading high quality business books.

I would start with Trump: Art of The Deal and Don Campbell's "The Little Book of Real Estate Investing in Canada."

Tell us more about you, Brian. What are your goals and we will help you turn your life around with real estate!

3canctheayr

Registered
Nov 28, 2013
Actually, if you read my first post on this thread, I currently have a couple investment properties. I've owned several off and on over the years, buying my first one in 1991.

I also have a bit of business experience, having co-owned a successful business from 2005-2012.

There's still room to learn more, and my goal is to acquire 15 properties in 5 years.

LondonRE

Registered
Feb 5, 2014
That's great for you big guy! You didn't give me that impression at all.

What was your business from 2005-12?

It might lead you to getting those 15 properties in 5 years which is a challenging goal but you with your successful experience will be able to do it with the right knowledge and attitude!