Airdrie, Calgary

ccameron

Registered
Sep 27, 2007
Niagara Region
My son has the desire to venture out of Ontario and try his luck working in Edmonton. We have had many responses from his ad on Kiji but I wanted to ask my REIN friends which area would be the best opportunity for employment and sucess for a 20 year old young man. We have had a call from a lady in Airdrie--any comments? Thanks Chris

markbrad

Registered
Oct 25, 2007
Stettler, Ab
What kind of work is he looking for? I am a house builder in Stettler (80km east of Red Deer) and possibly looking for someone. Where to call a good place will totally depend on the type of work desired. If it is oilfield, definately Red Deer and north (Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Fort McMurray, and anywhere in between. If construction, the bigger centers. Same with service industry, unless he wants the resort experience in the mountains. Airdrie is almost a suburb of Calgary, so that couldn`t be too wrong either. Hope that helps.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Aug 22, 2007
www.donrcampbell.com
Hi,

Why not, as a test of this discussion thread post his experience and what he is looking for in employment and how bset to get a hold of him.

Also, he`ll want to start hunting for a rental place to live as well, might get both in one post.