Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amendment to Brokerage Agreement

JDaley

Registered
I`m closing the sale of a property at the end of the month and I received a call from my realtor today requesting I sign an amendment to the Brokerage Agreement (sales contact), ie., to add a second name, the purchasers wife. The realtor said the purchaser wants to add his wife`s name to the Title of the property. I thought an interspousal deed or a note would take care of such an issue. Anyone know why such an amendment would be requested so late into the process ? Is the purchaser be having difficulty securing financing ? Thanks in advance.

tahani

REIN Member
hello. yes this is common and ok. one reason could be that the wife was not there to sign agreement and now needed to be added to agreement. has nothing to do with difficulty securing finacing or any thing that would effect the sale. its ok since both lawyers see the amendment and your protected. some times the lawyers do that step but they want less work and make us do it .

your fine.

QUOTE (JDaley @ Jan 11 2010, 07:55 PM) I`m closing the sale of a property at the end of the month and I received a call from my realtor today requesting I sign an amendment to the Brokerage Agreement (sales contact), ie., to add a second name, the purchasers wife. The realtor said the purchaser wants to add his wife`s name to the Title of the property. I thought an interspousal deed or a note would take care of such an issue. Anyone know why such an amendment would be requested so late into the process ? Is the purchaser be having difficulty securing financing ? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom