Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

American Flipper Faces Off With Campbell

nepoez

Registered
I got an email from `Don R. Campbell and the REIN Team` to go see an American flipper present his house flipping secrets.

I came across this Ron Legrand a few years ago and it looks like a get rich quick thing. I almost bought his CDs for $2000, but the ebay site broke so I took that as a sign haha.

I thought REIN is about long term wealth not get rich quick?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (nepoez @ Aug 12 2009, 06:50 PM) I got an email from `Don R. Campbell and the REIN Team` to go see an American flipper present his house flipping secrets.

I came across this Ron Legrand a few years ago and it looks like a get rich quick thing. I almost bought his CDs for $2000, but the ebay site broke so I took that as a sign haha.

I listened to Ron LeGrand when he was in Edmonton a few years ago !

Organized by Don .. VERY entertaining .. and you learn a TON !!!

He focuses mainly on fixer uppers .. and uses terms such as "ARV" .. and discount to ARV (after-repair-value) .. while the focus and his experience is on US properties it is very applicable to Canadian investors.

Also very insightful techniques to rent homes or find motivated sellers .. plus quite a few great laughs !

I thoroughly enjoyed his course and tapes (now CD`s I guess ..)

Patrick

Staff member
REIN Member
Ron LeGrand coming back with REIN is fantastic, I was stoked when I got the e-mail from REIN!

I was a REIN member when Ron presented in Edmonton in 02(?)

Ron is not really about get rich quick ...I think that is part of his marketing schtick but if you walk out the door and take action and follow his methods you can absolutely make some serious cash. I did that.

Although, the quick flip was not my ultimate strategy, I did 5 deals based on what Ron taught and pocketed about 85K in 7 months.

I continue to invest today on a buy and hold strategy (43 door) but techniques and strategies I learned at Ron`s presentation and through his `tapes` I still use even now. I`m totally a fan.

I don`t know who are still members but there were several who followed Ron stuff and did some terrific deals and bought some great properties.

The entertainment value alone is worth the price of admission...maybe have to become a REIN member again after this one!

Does anyone know if we get tuition back if we become a member?

I`m booked to go.

CU There

Rick

outtolunch

Registered
Funny, I was pretty confused too to see REIN and quick turn when I got the email. I talked to a buddy whose a REIN member, he went to a LeGrand thing with REIN a long time ago and said it was totally worth it. I personally am not comfortable with flipping or anything like that, but apparently Ron is all about making deals work and things like that, not just flipping, so he said.

Anyone else been to one of Ron`s gigs? Seems like others on here think it`s worth it, just wondering I guess. I went to the ACRE thing in Edmonton last year and it was great so I went ahead and signed up for this as well, fingers crossed it will be great too.

And Rick, I signed up b/c it said in the guest policy thing that you do get refunded if you join at the event. I also just called their office to double check so yes, it`s refunded if you join at the event. Don`t know if I`ll join, but it`s an option.

Any other input on Ron`s stuff would be appreciated.

JanBowler

Registered
Can someone say if this event is going to be available on CD if we can`t make it in person? Thanks

REINteam

Registered
Hi Guys,

First, to "outtolunch" and RickW, yes, the Western Conference is refunded if you join REIN at the event. However, I personally can`t comment on Ron as I didn`t have the privilege of seeing him a few years back. I listened to the conference call, you can hear it HERE and I`m excited to hear what he has to present at the Western Conference. I`ve spoken with a few veteran investors who have all greatly benefited from Ron`s strategies, most in the REIN office have benefited, so I`ll be there and fully engaged, ready to learn.

Second, to DavidB, Yes, all western Canada members will get the CD`s from the Western Conference - they will be in your "missed meeting package". We don`t have a meeting in BC this month b/c this is the "Western" Conference hence CD`s will go out to all members who miss in Western Canada.

Third, this isn`t really the best place to post this, but all members need to know that the field trip is 90% full as of this morning. I`ve talked to Donna, she is pretty sure we cannot get any more buses on this short of notice, so once we`re full we`re full. Everyone should have the sign up link in the email that went out earlier this week, you can also call the office, 1-888-824-7346, to sign up.

Finally, in case you missed the conference call be sure to listen in HERE.

If anyone has any questions please don`t hesitate to call the office or just post a follow up.

Regards,

Ray Reuter
Real Estate Investment Network

R

RussellWestcott

Long before I ever became part of the REIN™ management team, I was a REIN™ member (and still am). My REIN™ membership has been (and continues to be) my best return on investment of time and money. The education I have received from my REIN™ membership has by far had the most impact on my business, personal and financial situations (and this includes my University degree).
After the teachings from Don Campbell, Ron LeGrand would the second most influential person on my Real Estate career. I spent a good part of 18 months learning from Ron, and after spending some time learning from him I gained a tremendous amount of confidence in my abilities to raise money, filtering investors and closing the deal. One of the most important things I gained from Ron was a commitment to making this thing called Real Estate work. I KNEW Real Estate was my calling, and I haven’t looked back since.

The things that Ron is a master of is:
  • Marketing to find properties, having seller contact you
  • Having the right words when dealing with sellers
  • Analyzing the deal and figuring out if there is a way to make money on the property (he is actually brilliant at this ... it’s amazing how he can take some details and some numbers on a property and he is able to construct a complete buying, holding and selling action plan, in a matter of minutes... it is actually quite impressive to see live). I encourage everyone who is coming to the conference to bring the properties and deals you are working on, he will be able to tell within minutes if it has an opportunity to make money (from a Quick Turn perspective)
  • Prefiltering the properties down to only a small percentage of deals that stand a chance of working
  • Presenting the seller with the offers
  • Selling properties and cashing out
    It is quite impressive to see the people who have:
    • Stayed a REIN™ member for the past 6 years (stuck with it), and have... Been trained by Don Campbell and Ron Legrand, the results these people have attended have been quite impressive to say the least.
    If you have ever had the following questions, you will need to come and listen to Ron.
    How do I get seller financing? How do I present compelling offers to my sellers? How do I use agreements for sale, and other creative ways of buying properties? What is this Rent to own thing? How do I raise money without going to the bank?
He has helped my education on these topics and more.

I for one am looking forward to seeing him again, and I’m excited for all the people who have not yet had the opportunity to learn from one of the people who have made a big impact in my career.

See you all in Red Deer.

owenshaw

Registered
I pretty much think Russell has said it all in this last post. REIN is predominantly all about "buy and hold" but there is still a lot investors can learn from Ron`s materials when it comes to finding the deals, analyzing the opportunities and becoming very realistic about what you need to make a deal work to ensure you don`t end up on the losing side.

When I joined REIN I didn`t know anyone who could rub more than a few pennies together let alone potential joint venture partners who would partner with a 21 year old with no experience. Within weeks of joining REIN I had an offer on my first 10% solution property which I had negotiated using some of the strategies taught at the REIN QuickStart materials that I had received when I had joined. It was a good deal but I was going to use every dollar of available capital that we had in reserve (a $10K LOC).

During my condition period I attended the Ron Le Grand event in Calgary and heard Ron say that you should never use your money to buy real estate. This stuck with me, I opted not to waive my conditions and sign up for Ron`s course. Next to my REIN membership this was the best investment I have ever made. I flipped my first property with only $25.00 invested and made $19K just by simply following Ron`s formula, so I did it again and again and again and..... well you get the picture.

Using Ron`s strategy`s I have been given countless FREE houses where people just handed over their titles and in one particular case with over $100K in equity. It defies logic and as Ron will say, "it will work everywhere but where you live!"

Although I had learned from REIN the power of buy and hold, It was the profits I made from flipping that allowed me to purchase my first several rental properties which has now grown into hundreds of doors across Alberta.

As Russ had mentioned before, I firmly believe everyone can learn something from this smooth-talking, quick-flip guru and I cannot say enough great things about Ron Le Grand.

-Owen Shaw

JulieHoffman

Registered
QUOTE (nepoez @ Aug 12 2009, 06:50 PM) I got an email from `Don R. Campbell and the REIN Team` to go see an American flipper present his house flipping secrets.

This is one of THE MOST important events of my Real Estate career. Examples:

1. I took his course in June (ish) 2004 at the Shaw in Edmonton. I put an ad in the paper on the Saturday of the event. I got a reply on the ad on Tuesday Morning, I bought a house Tuesday night in Bonnie Doone (one of THE best areas in Edmonton) . I bought the house for $2,000.00 to take over financing, purchase price: $90,000. It was worth $160,000.00 the day I bought it. Not only that, the seller GAVE me title. That means he signed his title over to me. Ron taught me how to do it. I was able to help a guy who was in real trouble and make a ton of money.

2. Learning about the POWER of title (Ron calls it "Getting the Deed"- because he is American), helped me through my most recent challenges. I was able to hold on to my condo conversions that turned into long term holds. I went to my existing (expensive) lender, asked if I could transfer title to refinance. The lender gave me permission. I went to a new lender, explained that I had transfered title and that I wanted to refinance. The new lender was able to refinance and I was able to operate, get affordable financing, and hold on during these last 2 years of turmoil.

Ron will teach you how to negotiate, how to buy, how to sell, how to analyze a property, how to attract joint ventures, how to deal with lenders with confidence. He is just a regular guy who started out with one property just like the rest of us.

I am extremely grateful to Ron for his course and what it has meant to me over the years. I encourage ALL REIN members to attend this event. I will be there FOR SURE.

ANDREWRT

Registered
Hi
I noticed from Ron LeGrands website he is coming to Alberta for October 14-17 - 2009 Alberta, Canada (Wed-Sun).

Is REIN helping out with this event and if so do we get a discount?

Great news about getting the Western conference cd`s I have been trying to find a way to attend but cannot get out of a committment.

Thanks REIN,

Andrew

JanBowler

Registered
Has anyone had any experience at using Ron LeGrand`s methods in BC, specifically transfer of title? Is this allowed/does this work in BC? Thanks.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (DavidB @ Aug 23 2009, 04:58 PM) Has anyone had any experience at using Ron LeGrand`s methods in BC, specifically transfer of title? Is this allowed/does this work in BC? Thanks.
yes you can transfer title in BC. It is called "a sale". You have to pay land transfer taxes.

his "method" is to find old, uglier properties, buy them cheap, fix them up, and re-sell them for a profit. Occasionally the title stays in seller`s name, and he buys an option .. or assigns the contract after contract is signed, but before possession date.

All that works in BC or elsewhere in Canada !

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
Hello,

I have recieved tons of calls and emails about this topic so I thought I would post my thoughts/comments here.....since somebody has started the thread anyways.....

This is just how I see it take it or leave it.....

Don Campbell is about "Long Term Hold"....... but he is also about introducing us (meaning REIN members & other investors) to other methodologies related to investing & profiting from real estate.... & to have us informed..... without caring what any one person wants to do. He just wants people to do something....while being informed about their decision making process & other options available to them.

Yes I have been to many Ron LeGrande events here and in the US and I will honestly say he has probably influenced my investing career as much or more than Don has.

Don has given me stability of ongoing support & knowledge in an ever changing market (Current events etc.) so I can remain confident on what`s around the bend, for better or for worse, with my long term hold program. I have been a paying REIN member since November 1995 and have only missed a handful of meetings.

Even though Don has his "Solid Oak Marketing" program Ron has given me more creativity when it comes to getting out of the box when it comes to finding great deals. He has also giving me the confidence to make outrageous offers with the full expectation of getting them accepted..... (Please note: I do this with private deals directly with the homeowner vs through a realtor as many of them get annoyed with "Outrageous")

In the past I did a lot of flipping thinking it was a good way to raise money to fund my down payments and yes I made a lot of money doing it but I also sold a lot of perfectly good rentals. BUT....I did learn how to source out good deals..... Now I`m very well known for funky deals and funky marketing etc.....and for finding great deals....

Don also teaches how to joint venture whereas Ron Doesn`t.

Now I have the best of both worlds.

I find stinking good deals..... keep what I like and flip the ones I don`t want to keep as a long term hold ie a crappy house in a bad area..... but I`m not going to walk away from an ugly house thats $30-40,000 below market value just because its in a bad area. I won`t walk away because Ron taught me how to make a buck on all sorts of problem properties. When the problem is bad its the owner`s problem.... if its bad enough for them, you can get a great price on a property..... you just have to know how to solve the seller`s problem and take it away for them. If you have the solution to their problem you deserve to make a buck....and there is nothing wrong with making a quick one.

The point is.... while you`re trying to find good properties to keep for a long term "hold" you`re bound to come across properties you don`t like but can buy for pennies on the dollar. Why not take advantage of those as well and make a few dollars along the way.

I feel that I am a more well rounded investor because Don has introduced me to somebody who teaches things he is not the expert at and for that I thank him.

I can`t recommend Ron LeGrande strongly enough. If you want to experience another side of the real estate world you`ve got to see this guy.

Sincerly,

Wade Fenner

• 14 Year Member of REIN
  • Player of the Year Award WinnerDiamond Member (100 or More Real Estate Purchases)5 Time Top Ten Award Winner

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (WadeFenner @ Aug 24 2009, 06:24 PM) I can`t recommend Ron LeGrande strongly enough. If you want to experience another side of the real estate world you`ve got to see this guy.

Sincerly,

Wade Fenner

• 14 Year Member of REIN
  • Player of the Year Award WinnerDiamond Member (100 or More Real Estate Purchases)5 Time Top Ten Award Winner

High praise indeed Wade.
I listened to the Ron LeGrande interview and couldn`t help but be reminded of a character from the old 70s sitcom called `Green Acres`
Remember Mr. Hainey?? Ya the persistent obnoxious snake oil salesman. Problem was his gimmicks were so outrageous it was laughable.
Maybe not a fair comparison but hearing Ron`s voice brought back memories...

Hope to see you on the wkend.

dobiso

Registered
I like Wade`s comments on this. I find that Buy and Hold requires us to have alot of money or cashflow from other sources such as businesses or job to be able to support unexpected expenses in these properties. Things always find a way to go wrong or breakdown despite your due dilligence. Ron Legrand, uses short term real estate strategies to create an income to help support the Buy Hold strategy.

"You can not build the future unless you take care of today`s cashflow needs."
- Ron Legrand

MikeMcCrae

Registered
We can learn from every one. The more we educate ourselves the better we are. Most of us do not follow every single thing REIN says. We take what we need and develop our own methods as well. Let`s keep an open mind and listen to other successful people. We may just hear one technique that will make a difference for us. I believe that REIN provides the best ongoing training and mentor ship available, but they are not the only people that have idea`s (sorry Don and Gang)

JimWhitelaw

Registered
All this positive info for Ron has really got me excited about seeing him at the western conference. Looking forward to putting some new tools in our toolbox of real estate strategies!

tonypeters

Registered
My wife and I started our real own estate investing career by purchasing rental properties. However, we soon came to realize that I could not "give up my day job" and live off of the passive income. We attended a number of Ron LeGrand events in 2003, and as a result of implementing many of his "creative" real estate investing strategies, I was finally able to give up my day job and focus on real estate on a full time basis. If you would like to take your own real estate career to a higher level, I would highly recommend that you take the time to listen to what Ron has to say and attend as many of his events as possible. From my own personal experience, I can guarantee you that you will NOT be disappointed!

You are correct with your (long term wealth) comments regarding what REIN promote and teach, however, by implementing some of the many "creative" strategies that Ron LeGrand has to offer, it will provide you with some much needed diversification within your real estate investment portfolio.

I hope my response is of assistance to you and anyone else that may read it? See you in Red Deer this weekend!

Top Bottom