Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

answering serivce

Yasir

Registered
Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if anyone knows of any answering service we can use instead of patlive. Thanks for your help.

Yasir

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (Yasir @ Nov 6 2010, 11:15 AM) Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if anyone knows of any answering service we can use instead of patlive. Thanks for your help.

Yasir

Grasshopper, I haven`t used it - yet, but have heard from another quick turn grad (Jeff Varcoe) that it is the best way to go.

TodorYordanov

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 6 2010, 09:28 PM) Grasshopper, I haven`t used it - yet, but have heard from another quick turn grad (Jeff Varcoe) that it is the best way to go.

I am not sure if grasshopper has live answering service that will read from scripts, just like PatLive. There was a talk about an answering service based in Barrie, that had similar service for a similar price as PatLive, it may be in a tread in older posts.

BenSanderson

Registered
Grasshopper is a virtual PBX service, meaning it's a glorified, web-based answering machine. PatLive is an answering service with real people taking your calls for you and talking with your potential customers.

The only real criticism I've heard about PatLive is that Canadian customers/leads may be turned off when they wind up talking to a receptionist with an obvious American accent, and often a southern accent. I've read that some REIN members have alleviated this shortcoming by inserting their own voice message before the customer gets to the receptionist, something like "You've reached Dan, blah blah blah, please wait to be connected with our receptionist..."

I do know of a Canadian company called Select Answering Service, based in Red Deer, that offers similar services to PatLive. Don't know anything more than that, but they do have a website if you just Google for it.

There is a thread here: http://myreinspace.com/search/rein_members_only/Canadian_Quick_Turn_Real_Estate/108-18710-95398-Yellow_Letters.html#95398 that discusses the pros and cons of a live answering service vs. an automated virtual PBX. I myself have been very happy with RingCentral.ca, and have used it to fill all of my Rent To Own properties over the last year. It's a fantastic service - very flexible, scalable, allows for multiple mailboxes, company messages, etc. and costs about $120 for the full year (compared to PatLive at $80/mo + $$$ for each minute they talk to your customers). I think if it's set up properly, a web-based service like this could work very well at giving your prospective customers more information about your company/services while at the same time giving them a low-stress opportunity to leave you their contact info if they so desire.

I'm starting to set up my Quick Turn RE business and will continue to use RingCentral for the time being. Once I've proven to myself that an upgrade would be worth it, then I may in the future switch to using an actual answering service.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Great info Ben.

QUOTE (BenSanderson @ Nov 7 2010, 04:58 AM)
Grasshopper is a virtual PBX service, meaning it's a glorified, web-based answering machine. PatLive is an answering service with real people taking your calls for you and talking with your potential customers.

The only real criticism I've heard about PatLive is that Canadian customers/leads may be turned off when they wind up talking to a receptionist with an obvious American accent, and often a southern accent. I've read that some REIN members have alleviated this shortcoming by inserting their own voice message before the customer gets to the receptionist, something like "You've reached Dan, blah blah blah, please wait to be connected with our receptionist..."

I do know of a Canadian company called Select Answering Service, based in Red Deer, that offers similar services to PatLive. Don't know anything more than that, but they do have a website if you just Google for it.

There is a thread here: http://myreinspace.com/search/rein_members_only/Canadian_Quick_Turn_Real_Estate/108-18710-95398-Yellow_Letters.html#95398 that discusses the pros and cons of a live answering service vs. an automated virtual PBX. I myself have been very happy with RingCentral.ca, and have used it to fill all of my Rent To Own properties over the last year. It's a fantastic service - very flexible, scalable, allows for multiple mailboxes, company messages, etc. and costs about $120 for the full year (compared to PatLive at $80/mo + $$$ for each minute they talk to your customers). I think if it's set up properly, a web-based service like this could work very well at giving your prospective customers more information about your company/services while at the same time giving them a low-stress opportunity to leave you their contact info if they so desire.

I'm starting to set up my Quick Turn RE business and will continue to use RingCentral for the time being. Once I've proven to myself that an upgrade would be worth it, then I may in the future switch to using an actual answering service.

Top Bottom