Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone use Fiverr dot com to get plans made for legalizing a basement suite?

Leanne5820

New Forum Member
REIN Member
If anyone has hired anyone from Fiverr dot com to draw up all the plans required to get their basement suite legalized, can you share the name of the person you used? In hindsight, will you use that route again? Any other feedback regarding hiring someone at Fiverr dot com and spending $2500+ for someone here in Calgary to get it done for you?

BREAKRZ

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Leanne i just submitted my plans to the city on monday for a second suite.

When i handed them in the girl smiled and said "you got your plans drawn up by a professional, we are going to be best friends". I laughed as well but my next question was what do you mean i could have done them myself and saved money? She said yes but it's better to get them drawn by a pro.

Anyways my point is you don't really need a pro.

Courtney Hammond

Courtney Hammond
Registered
We've done a few suites in Edmonton and have always drawn them ourselves. It takes a bit of time- but there are several free programs to download that help. While sitting in line I've seen most plans rejected are the ones that don't have all the information. Regardless of which path you choose make sure you know all the details required and that they are in your application.... or at the very least you know the answer so they can write it on your application for you.

Leanne5820

New Forum Member
REIN Member
Leanne i just submitted my plans to the city on monday for a second suite.

When i handed them in the girl smiled and said "you got your plans drawn up by a professional, we are going to be best friends". I laughed as well but my next question was what do you mean i could have done them myself and saved money? She said yes but it's better to get them drawn by a pro.

Anyways my point is you don't really need a pro.

Hi BREAKRZ. Thanks so much for the response. Would you be open to chatting further about this? If so, please call me at 403-863-4117, or provide me with your number and I'll call you. Thanks so much!

Leanne

Leanne5820

New Forum Member
REIN Member
We've done a few suites in Edmonton and have always drawn them ourselves. It takes a bit of time- but there are several free programs to download that help. While sitting in line I've seen most plans rejected are the ones that don't have all the information. Regardless of which path you choose make sure you know all the details required and that they are in your application.... or at the very least you know the answer so they can write it on your application for you.

Hi Courtney. Thanks so much for the response. Would you be open to chatting further about this? If so, please call me at 403-863-4117, or provide me with your number and I'll call you. Thanks so much!

Leanne

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
$5 vs. $2500?

Nah, it's easy and you don't even need a program. I've done three legal suites in Edmonton and all you need is Excel. No need to make a big deal out of it. Just include everything required.

BREAKRZ

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Hi BREAKRZ. Thanks so much for the response. Would you be open to chatting further about this? If so, please call me at 403-863-4117, or provide me with your number and I'll call you. Thanks so much!

Leanne

Check ur messages

Marnie

Frequent Forum Member
Staff member
REIN Member
If anyone has hired anyone from Fiverr dot com to draw up all the plans required to get their basement suite legalized, can you share the name of the person you used? In hindsight, will you use that route again? Any other feedback regarding hiring someone at Fiverr dot com and spending $2500+ for someone here in Calgary to get it done for you?
It would be fantastic if you could share your outcomes here on the forum Leanne. Secondary suites are always a topic of interest to investors and as evidenced by the responses above, sharing experiences is a huge benefit!

5har0n

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
You might try finding REIN members who have plans that were approved (for similar projects), and ask if you can get a copy.

Leanne5820

New Forum Member
REIN Member
Check ur messages

Hi Breakrz. I got your msg but I can't seem to reply to you using that method... just this one. Are you open to chatting on the phone? Emailing will be less efficient, I think. Please call me at 403-863-4117, or message me again and give me your phone # and I'll call you. Thanks so much.

Leanne5820

New Forum Member
REIN Member
$5 vs. $2500?

Nah, it's easy and you don't even need a program. I've done three legal suites in Edmonton and all you need is Excel. No need to make a big deal out of it. Just include everything required.

Hey Matt. Thanks for your reply. Would love to chat with you if you have some time. Can you give me a call at 403-863-4117 or send me a msg with your phone # and I'll call you? I also sent you connect request on LinkedIn. Thanks so much!

BREAKRZ

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Hi Breakrz. I got your msg but I can't seem to reply to you using that method... just this one. Are you open to chatting on the phone? Emailing will be less efficient, I think. Please call me at 403-863-4117, or message me again and give me your phone # and I'll call you. Thanks so much.

Just sent my number

Top Bottom