Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Appreciation in Oshawa CMA

GordNevin

Registered
Hi Folks,

Just a quick note on the appreciation in Oshawa CMA over the last couple of years:

Background: Oshawa CMA (Census Metropolitan Area) includes Oshawa, Whitby and Clarington. The stats that I use most of the time, including these below are from CMHC.

Oshawa`s average appreciation for 2006 was 2.5% and from Nov 06 to Nov 07 it was the same on average. But if you look at the last three months, it has been quite strong, up to 8.9% yr/yr in November of 07. Nice to see as we`ve been on a long plateau in Oshawa...just proves that real estate works best as a long term investment as Don always mentions.

There was a sharp decline in the average house price in April of 07 (over 11% down), that was a fear factor over the GM announcements (not to worry about this, just media hype), that really affected the average at the end of the year.

Good things ahead for Oshawa? Check in on occassion as I`ll give some updates.

Regards,

Gord

mrembecki

Registered
QUOTE (GordNevin @ Jan 11 2008, 12:34 PM) Hi Folks,

Just a quick note on the appreciation in Oshawa CMA over the last couple of years:

Background: Oshawa CMA (Census Metropolitan Area) includes Oshawa, Whitby and Clarington. The stats that I use most of the time, including these below are from CMHC.

Oshawa`s average appreciation for 2006 was 2.5% and from Nov 06 to Nov 07 it was the same on average. But if you look at the last three months, it has been quite strong, up to 8.9% yr/yr in November of 07. Nice to see as we`ve been on a long plateau in Oshawa...just proves that real estate works best as a long term investment as Don always mentions.

There was a sharp decline in the average house price in April of 07 (over 11% down), that was a fear factor over the GM announcements (not to worry about this, just media hype), that really affected the average at the end of the year.

Good things ahead for Oshawa? Check in on occassion as I`ll give some updates.

Regards,

Gord

I live and have invested in the Oshawa CMA area. Where would I find your numbers and stats in the future?

Thanks,

Martin.

GordNevin

Registered
QUOTE (mrembecki @ Jan 14 2008, 08:23 PM) I live and have invested in the Oshawa CMA area. Where would I find your numbers and stats in the future?

Thanks,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

Check my webpage on occasion, www.investcanadian.com Click on "Ontario/Oshawa". I have some new things coming for this page.

Regards,

Gord

alexmaz

REIN Member
Hi Gord,

I cannot find "Ontario/Oshawa" on your web site at Hi Martin,

Check my webpage on occasion, www.investcanadian.com Click on "Ontario/Oshawa". I have some new things coming for this page.

Regards,

Gord

Top Bottom