Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Approx sqft cost to build in Edmonton

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Hello all

I'm wondering if anyone knows the approximate costs per sqft to build a house or duplex in Edmonton. Just mid grade finishes.

Thanks guys

Lisa

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
$125-300/sq ft with $180-220 a good initial rule of thumb, plus land plus planning/permit costs.

ChrisDavies

Registered
I use $150/ft on simple rental construction and $225-250 for a nicer house that you'd live in.

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Hey guys

Thank you so much for the quick answers, this property will be for ourselves to live in and we wanted to know an approximation for us to build towards. The plumbing I know will be cheap, wink wink as this is what we do for a living.

Lisa

TangoWhiskey

Registered
Does the 150/ft figure include land and soft costs like legals/plans/permits? Or hard construction costs only?

Wwhen you get to including costs for roads and services for sub-division development, this figure can vary widely between bankruptcy and home run financial returns!

ChrisDavies

Registered
Hard costs only. Add 10-20% for soft costs, and lots more for development, servicing, rezoning or anything more than an existing SF lot with services to the property line.

Top Bottom