Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ASK And You Will Receive

brentdavies

Registered
One our family`s success stories is about Asking and Receiving.

Whenever one of us leaving the city, back to the farm, we would call out to the farm and ask if they needed anything. Leigh, my wife of 30 years, would typically reply, milk and "A million dollars and a trip to the Bahamas."

10 years ago this past weekend, Leigh, the kids, and I moved out to a farm near Morinville. We were all city people trying our hand at the farm life. Our farm had 500 lambs and sheep, chickens, horses, cattle, and grain, and a lot of laughs, heartaches and memories.

When the American border closed to sheep and lamb exports in 2002, this put a major damper into our dreams. The sheep industry still has not recovered. In 2007, we sold the farm at the peak of the Edmonton Real Market. REIN has helped us with our Edmonton Real Estate endeavours.

Due to a few good real estate deals, Leigh has received the million dollars, and this November, we will be on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Brent Davies
Husband and Father

RedlineBrett

Registered
Great story! Congrats on your success

I`m a little saddened though, for a minute there I thought I was going to have an `in` for some homegrown lamb chops!

QUOTE (brentdavies @ Jun 18 2008, 08:25 PM) One our family`s success stories is about Asking and Receiving.

Whenever one of us leaving the city, back to the farm, we would call out to the farm and ask if they needed anything. Leigh, my wife of 30 years, would typically reply, milk and "A million dollars and a trip to the Bahamas."

10 years ago this past weekend, Leigh, the kids, and I moved out to a farm near Morinville. We were all city people trying our hand at the farm life. Our farm had 500 lambs and sheep, chickens, horses, cattle, and grain, and a lot of laughs, heartaches and memories.

When the American border closed to sheep and lamb exports in 2002, this put a major damper into our dreams. The sheep industry still has not recovered. In 2007, we sold the farm at the peak of the Edmonton Real Market. REIN has helped us with our Edmonton Real Estate endeavours.

Due to a few good real estate deals, Leigh has received the million dollars, and this November, we will be on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Brent Davies
Husband and Father

margaretcowan

REIN Member
Congratulations!

An inspiring story that made me chuckle!

Your "request" may have seemed flippant or "way out there" all those years, but it was actually something close to your heart and it came true because you kept asking and putting out the intention.

Have a great trip next fall to the Bahamas!

Cheers,
Margaret

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Well I guess two out of three is not bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there`s always next year for the MILK!

THE POWER OF ASKING.

Well done.

jclacasse

Registered
Hi and congratulations to you & your family.
Always nice to see another success story.
Have a nice cruise

J.C.

johnsu

Registered
Hi Brent,

The story was funnier in POW.

Bring home the MILK and it`ll be 3/3.

John Su

QUOTE (brentdavies @ Jun 18 2008, 08:25 PM) One our family`s success stories is about Asking and Receiving.

Brent Davies
Husband and Father

Top Bottom