Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Attention REIN Realtors and savvy investors

jwilbrin

Registered
Hi!

I am looking for advice from experienced Calgary REIN realtors or investors. I am considering selling two of my inner city Calgary 4plexes and possibly one of my triplexs. All of my units are LEGAL and were originally built as multi unit buildings. One building is already condominiumized with 4 separate titles. All are renovated.

My question is would it be better to try and sell the whole building to an investor or list each individual unit? I realize I will get more money if I sell the units individually as there is a hot first time home buyer market in Calgary again -- who would have thought we would be in multiple offer situations again -- that`s why I love real estate. Always exciting. But with selling individually you just never know how long it will take to sell all.

Would it be better to just sell the whole thing? Is the multi-family market too slow right now to even try selling whole buildings? My buildings are in very desireable inner city locations such as Marda Loop and Tuxedo.

What would you do or recommend?

I would appreciate any input. You can also email me with your thoughts at jwilbrin [at] shaw [dot] ca.

Thanks

VicChung

REIN Member
QUOTE (jwilbrin @ Jun 4 2009, 10:17 AM) Hi!

I am looking for advice from experienced Calgary REIN realtors or investors. I am considering selling two of my inner city Calgary 4plexes and possibly one of my triplexs. All of my units are LEGAL and were originally built as multi unit buildings. One building is already condominiumized with 4 separate titles. All are renovated.

My question is would it be better to try and sell the whole building to an investor or list each individual unit? I realize I will get more money if I sell the units individually as there is a hot first time home buyer market in Calgary again -- who would have thought we would be in multiple offer situations again -- that`s why I love real estate. Always exciting. But with selling individually you just never know how long it will take to sell all.

Would it be better to just sell the whole thing? Is the multi-family market too slow right now to even try selling whole buildings? My buildings are in very desireable inner city locations such as Marda Loop and Tuxedo.

What would you do or recommend?

I would appreciate any input. You can also email me with your thoughts at jwilbrin [at] shaw [dot] ca.

Thanks

What`s your email address? I have some ideas.

jwilbrin

Registered
QUOTE (VicChung @ Jun 4 2009, 11:20 AM) What`s your email address? I have some ideas.

my email is jwilbrin[at]shaw[dot]ca. I`m trying to avoid getting spam mail which is why I am writing out the @ sign and . sign.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
You should sell to INDIVIDUAL OWNERS as this is "the highest and best use" !

and yes, it takes longer .. so sell now at wholesale price levels or slower, later at retail price levels ?

Investors look for an investment. Home owners look for a home !

Top Bottom