Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Barry McGuire`s Belize!

BarryMcGuire

REIN Member
As announced at the October REIN meetings in Edmonton in Alberta, Barry`s Belize is here!

After 33 years as a lawyer, I get to focus on my passions:
  • teaching & education: Focus Workshops, JV Consultations, Tales From The Trenches, REIN!
  • time with family: my wife, Donna; my grand-niece Adriannafitness & health: hockey, working out, yoga (let`s not forget, I`m 61, Donna`s 40 - gotta keep up!!)simple pleasures: backyard, jelly making, a great glass of wine over a great dinner
I`m NOT retiring as a lawyer, but no more day-to-day file work (as much as I like it, there isn`t time for everything). I will ensure that your active and upcoming deals are well taken care of by Ritchie Mill Law Office.

Really looking forward to 3 months off: December, January, February - back in March 2009.

I`ve attached the more detailed announcement that I made at the REIN meetings. If you have any questions, please ask! I am not disappearing!!

With sincere thanks,
Barry

BarryMcGuire

REIN Member
Barry`s Belize!![/size]Announcement to REIN Alberta – October 2008

Six months ago I was talking to my best buddy, and he said to me, "So, how are you doing? Still working too many hours? Still doing those 5:00am starts at the office? How does that fit into what you guys talk about, your personal Guatemala – how`s all that going? When are you retiring?"

I laughed and said, "It`s our personal Belize... Belize
!!" Once we got the geography straightened out, I told him it was going fine. I love my work and I love my life. My friend is a no-nonsense engineer and he said, "I here a but in there - what`s the but?" He had to leave and we didn`t solve it that day but it got me thinking… what would I do or change to say I`ve reached my personal Belize? So I started really thinking.

As of October 22, 2008, I will have been a lawyer for 33 years! I enjoy it, and I`m good at it. But what I now know is that my personal Belize demands a change in how my life runs. It`s all about time, time for the passionate parts of life. After 33 years I`m going to spend my time doing those things that really bring out the passion. Do I still want to be a lawyer? Absolutely!! I am not retiring from the law. But, it`s time to move on from day to day file work.

It took a while, but now I`ve got it figured out. What REIN™ and Don Campbell have helped me discover about myself is that my passion in the law is teaching and education. On the home front my wife, Donna, would like to see a lot more of me. I want more time with her, more time with my niece Adrianna, more time in my backyard and more time working out. There isn`t time for everything. What`s the answer? Keep the passion. It keeps coming up. Again, graphically illustrated, you can see where this is going. Here`s what I`m passionate about:

· spend more time as a husband and Uncle Bu

· spend my lawyering time on teaching and education

· spend more time on fitness, gardening and simple pleasures

Once I figured this out and committed to it, what an amazing feeling of freedom and excitement! I`m totally stoked about life going forward.

Barry`s Belize starts November 30, 2008. I will not be handling day-to-day real estate files. Obviously, there are a lot more practical details when you`re make in these kinds of changes. For instance, what`s going to happen to your active or upcoming files? I will personally make sure that every file is in good order before I go anywhere. I`ll be available to discuss any matter by phone, e-mail, or in person.

What about my law firm, Ritchie Mill Law Office, otherwise known as RMLO? I`ve been at RMLO for 18 years. It`s been a great relationship and RMLO has been very supportive of both me and my relationship with REIN™. They unreservedly support me now, 100%, as I move toward my personal Belize. I won`t be there but RMLO is still in the law business if you choose to use them for your real estate transactions (and business law, litigation, wills and estates). Richard Bell and Sharon Fix, and our other lawyers and staff, will be absolutely delighted to assist you.

Now, as my personal Belize unfolds, one of the things that`s going to really make a difference is real estate. Lucky for me I met a very wise man in 1971 who help me purchase my first property. I`ve been investing in real estate ever since, through the ups and downs and cycles of the real estate market. I still maintain a substantial portfolio. But here I am moving on to new things. And guess what? My real estate portfolio and its positive cash flow will be a huge part of my life going forward.

So that`s it, starting November 30, Donna and I are going to take about three months and just enjoy our life. No plans right now, we`ll follow our hearts and see what comes up. So, that will be December, January and February. Come March 2009 I expect to be back, reinvigorated and brimming full of ideas. I`m already working on two new Focus Workshops and I`ll be hard-pressed to keep my nose out of those during our three months off. I`ll be back in March, if you and REIN™ will have me. As a lawyer, I`ll be doing the things that I`m passionate about:

· Focus Workshops
· Joint Venture consulting
· more involvement with REIN™, and of course,
· Tales From The Trenches.

So that`s it. Barry`s Belize has arrived! I want to thank Don Campbell and REIN™ for helping me reach my personal Belize. It is absolutely the most exciting thing for me and my family.

With sincere thanks,

Barry

GarthChapman

Registered
Barry, I can`t think of a REIN member who has earned this more than you. And, happily for us REIN members, you will continue to help make us all better investors. I couldn`t have dreamt up a better scenario for you and for REIN members at the same time!

Enjoy your three months away with Donna, and be sure to come visit us at Castlerock once you get back in the spring - it will almost be golf season by then.

kennicoll

REIN Member
congratulations Barry thanks for all you have done for us enjoy your belize cheers ken and susan nicoll

GSI

REIN Member
Barry, sounds like the right time to start living your Belize. Possibly we`ll see you and Donna for a visit in Japan?

Thanks for all your help and hard work!

Todd, Danielle and Ronan.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
congratulations Barry ! I always appreciated your excellent legal mind, humor, high energy and factual insights !

Enjoy the next phase .. and hopefully retirement will not morphe into boredom .. but that seems unlikely ..

and: you shall be missed !!

TodorYordanov

Registered
Barry, your professional help is much appreciated. Congratulations on making it to Belize!
Save a spot on the beach for me and other REIN members that are on their way.
style_emoticons

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Barry,

Well here I sit in London doing investigations into how the world banking markets are going to affect the Canadian real estate market so we can continue to be the port in the information overload storm... and I can`t help but think of you. The calm port in a storm is what you have always been for all of your friends and clients and all of us are BLESSED to have you in our lives.

The great news for all of us at REIN Is that you will have more time for us as you go through this transition and the bottom line is that is a GREAT thing for the Members but will also prove to be a great thiong for you.

Can`t wait to see what your three months off will do to you... the ideas you come back with are bound to be amazing.

Thanks for all that you do Barry!

KimFranz

REIN Member
Barry, out of all the lawyers I know you are the most down-to-earth and easiest to talk to!! I am happy for you and your Belize and hope that you and Donna have a great three months - whoo hoo!!
style_emoticons
Wish it were me
style_emoticons

See you when you get back,
Kim

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Barry,

You sound elated that you`ve made this decision. I told my Mom, (who wasn`t at the meeting on the 7th) that you retired. We`re all glad for you and very appreciative that you left us all in capable hands at the RMLO.

I bet your neice Adrianna is excited for you too. I enjoy so much listening to all of your stories about her at the beginning of your "Tales from the Trenches."
She`s one lucky little girl to have an uncle like you!

Cheers!

srousseu

REIN Member
Congratulations, Barry! You certainly deserve every minute of that extra free time you`ll have. Thank you so much for all the work you have done for us on our property purchases. Your service was not only professional, but educational. We couldn`t have bought them from half way across the world without you!

All the best,
Scott Rousseu

Top Bottom