Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Barry Mcguire`s Legal Forms Workshop

ZanderRobertson

Registered
Hi Alberta REIN members,

I`ve just registered for Barry`s legal forms workshop in Edmonton in December.

I thought all of us who will be attending should collaborate and come up with a really good list of questions to enhance the learning process. Also, perhaps Barry will see this thread and notice something that might require a little more research on his part. He`d then have time to find the answer for us in advance.

I know a lot of the questions have been dealt with elsewhere, but I thought this thread could compile them all in one spot. Apologies if this has been done elsewhere.

I have one question to kick off the process:

What the heck is an Agreement for Sale and when can it be used? Simple I know, but I have to be honest, I`m confused, and being confused on it makes it hard to pitch to sellers and realtors.

Best Regards,
Zander

L

lanedry77

I can`t say that I have too many specific questions for Barry, but I`ll be going to the event in Calgary next weekend.

I did a purchase with an Agreement for Sale the week after the Ron LeGrand event, and not having the appropriate forms added some delay (and cost!) to my closing.

I`m looking forward to getting the forms and insight that can make this smoother next time.

Who else is going to the Calgary event?

David.

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
I`m going to go. It means another trip down south but it`ll be worth it. I`ve heard a lot of Barry`s short talks and I`m interested in hearing his expanded version and to get copies of his contracts. I`ve used his JV contract with good success as it was much easier for my JV partners to understand than the one I was using.

I`m better at coming up with questions on the fly as a discussion is rolling. I`ll probably be a thorn in his side as I know I have alot of questions lurking around here somewhere. lol

QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Nov 13 2009, 02:21 PM) I can`t say that I have too many specific questions for Barry, but I`ll be going to the event in Calgary next weekend.

I did a purchase with an Agreement for Sale the week after the Ron LeGrand event, and not having the appropriate forms added some delay (and cost!) to my closing.

I`m looking forward to getting the forms and insight that can make this smoother next time.

David.

dleischner

Registered
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Nov 13 2009, 02:21 PM) I can`t say that I have too many specific questions for Barry, but I`ll be going to the event in Calgary next weekend.

David.

Hey David,

Nice work securing an agreement for sale. I`ve had one almost locked up last week, but the deal feel through (he backed out because he ended up getting a regular offer). How long of term were they willing to go? Was it hard for you to close?

I`ll be attending Barry`s seminar in Calgary too.

Dean

L

lanedry77

Hi Dean,

The term on my purchase was roughly 3.5 years - the remaining term on the pre-existing mortgage that the seller had.

I didn`t find it hard as the seller was motivated, and I presented a win-win solution that helped solve the sellers problem. I had two phone calls with her before going to the house, and spent a few hours at the house talking and doing paperwork.

Admittedly, it wouldn`t have taken three hours at the house if I had the right forms and knew what the h*ll I was doing.
That`s one of the reasons I`m going to Barry`s event, plus I went to his JV event and found it very helpful.

David.

ZanderRobertson

Registered
Wade,

Won`t you join us at Barry`s workshop here in Edmonton? It would be great to have your perspective.

Just a thought!

Zander

QUOTE (WadeFenner @ Nov 13 2009, 03:14 PM) I`m going to go. It means another trip down south but it`ll be worth it. I`ve heard a lot of Barry`s short talks and I`m interested in hearing his expanded version and to get copies of his contracts. I`ve used his JV contract with good success as it was much easier for my JV partners to understand than the one I was using.

I`m better at coming up with questions on the fly as a discussion is rolling. I`ll probably be a thorn in his side as I know I have alot of questions lurking around here somewhere. lol

Top Bottom