Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Basement suite develoment in Fort McMurray

Dylan2457

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi all! I recently purchased a home with a development permit in place for a legal basement suite. I'm curious if anyone knows of a contractor with a solid reputation in or around the Fort McMurray area to complete this development. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Wasn't there a massive fire recently with huge rebuilding effort going on right now ? Lots of phoning around and paying double the normal rate would get the trick done .. maybe .. or bringing in folks from out of town.

Gene

Hi I can help!

There are a lot of trades in town that can help you out. And there are many trades that are from out of town doing work in town. Hundreds of them running around quoting jobs and doing work. They are staying in campers, room, camps, suites and anywhere they can find to stay.
What you need is someone that will manage the project for you and supply the trades required to get you project completed. You are in direct competition with work going on for the insurance company's. And a lot of the pricing will reflect increase cost because of it. Unless you find someone that see the difference between the two.
As an example some contractor are marking up pricing because they have someone that can do the job. So they both get together and charge more so they both get a piece of the pie.

If you would like to contact me I have been here for 37 years and have built many home and basement suites. It slow down 1 1/2 years ago so I stop building. I could help on any level including ideas for you suite and ideas to help keep you project running correctly. I could bid on you project as will. If I was you I would start with three quotes from contractors. Don't pay anything up front unless there is material in the house first no matter what they say. And have a detail contract outlining what you are getting for you money.
Please feel free to contact me if you like. We can talk about Rein and what some of you plans are or just what is happening in Fort Mcmurray.

Top Bottom