beaumont rentals

randy

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
Edmonton AB
I have a house in Beumont AB that I just got possesion of but am having a hard time to set a price as i do not see many ads in that area. It is a 1350 square foot 2 story no garage. Is there somewhere that landlords advertise in Beaumont.
Thanks any advice is appreciated

R

RussellWestcott

Howdy Randy if you type "rental properties in Beaumont Alberta" into Google you will come up with a good list of sites, there are not an abundant amount of sites as you indicated however...

I have compiled most of my rental comps in that area from the Fort Saskatchewan Record, the local newspaper in the area. Click on the classified ads area, then run a search.

Finally, if you are having a tough time finding many rental ads, this can be a good sign (not much for competition). Then broaden your search to include some of the other areas for your comparables. (ie. Fort Sask., even into North East Edmonton)

If you are having trouble setting your rental levels, you may want to run a `test ad` and for a small investment you can find out if your ad generates any potential candidates for rentals.

Trust this helps
RW

Anonymous

Registered
Dec 16, 2008
I would also check out the competition in person. That way you know what the other landlords are providing and for what price. I find it helps when establishing rent to know what others are providing.

Best of luck

NickStewart

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
Edmonton
Hey there,

I have several rental properties in Leduc (just down the road) and I`m getting $1760 for a comparable property to what you described, and $1850 for a similar property with a double detached garage.

Hope that helps!

Nick

MikeMcCrae

Registered
Sep 3, 2007
Leduc, Ab.
I too rent properties in Leduc and am starting to get good rents. 1000 sq ft bungalow at $1600.00. Beaumont should be a bit higher then Leduc. I would suggest the Leduc Rep or La Nouvelle as advertizing mediums. Weekly`s that are extreemly well read and respected with very reasonable cost.

QUOTE (NickStewart @ Sep 7 2007, 10:53 AM) Hey there,

I have several rental properties in Leduc (just down the road) and I`m getting $1760 for a comparable property to what you described, and $1850 for a similar property with a double detached garage.

Hope that helps!

Nick

NickStewart

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
Edmonton
QUOTE (MikeMcCrae @ Sep 24 2007, 10:21 PM) I too rent properties in Leduc and am starting to get good rents. 1000 sq ft bungalow at $1600.00. Beaumont should be a bit higher then Leduc. I would suggest the Leduc Rep or La Nouvelle as advertizing mediums. Weekly`s that are extreemly well read and respected with very reasonable cost.

Hmmmmm..... so you`re one of the guys dragging the market down, huh?
style_emoticons
Seriously my friend, $1600 is too low for this market for a full bungalow, even without a garage.

MikeMcCrae

Registered
Sep 3, 2007
Leduc, Ab.
Sorry Nick, I am working on it. Got caught with pants down prior to "rent controls". Trying to rent one 1050 sq. ft. that I am just taking posession of at $1975.00. I promise I will do better come April.

NickStewart

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
Edmonton
QUOTE (MikeMcCrae @ Sep 25 2007, 12:02 PM) Sorry Nick, I am working on it. Got caught with pants down prior to "rent controls". Trying to rent one 1050 sq. ft. that I am just taking posession of at $1975.00. I promise I will do better come April.

After following your progress on Les` challenge, I have no doubt you will be setting the bar going forward!
style_emoticons
Congratulations on that by the way!

nepoez

Registered
Mar 29, 2008
Vancouver
www.avant-garde-properties.com
Hi guys, I`m new to REI and am currently searching for a good location to start. As Edmonton seems to be hard to find cashflow properties, I`ve looked a little outside of it such as Leduc/Beaumont areas. However with such small population there, how is the demand there? Also with the lower priced houses, why would anyone rent when they can buy?

Please advice!

Thanks!

samwei

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
Edmonton, Ab
QUOTE (randy @ Sep 2 2007, 09:41 AM) I have a house in Beumont AB that I just got possesion of but am having a hard time to set a price as i do not see many ads in that area. It is a 1350 square foot 2 story no garage. Is there somewhere that landlords advertise in Beaumont.
Thanks any advice is appreciated

A search of 3 websites, Rentedmonton.com, rentboard.ca and rentfaster.ca show a total of 3 or 4 listings for rent. 3 bedroom homes for $1995 per month and a 3 bedroom townhouse for $1500.