Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bed Bugs

MarkTorgerson

REIN Member
Can anyone recommend a service provider to exterminate bed bugs for an apartment building in southern Alberta?

Would like to use the heat method if effective. I'm curious if anyone that has had experience with this method.

Has anyone tried renting their own equipment?

Thanks in advance,

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
We used heat treatment twice with great success, but I have no recommendation for Southern Alberta.

Please note that some companies have a guarantee that if bed bugs are found within 1 month after treatment, they will retreat for free. So about a week after heat treatment, you would bring the sniffer dog back.

(Also, if there is a hoarder in the building, you will have difficulty with effective treatment no matter what method you use.)

MarkTorgerson

REIN Member
Thanks Sherilynn,

I would be also willing to hire a Calgary based company and pay the travel time.

What kind of costs did you incur per suite?

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
I think that it was $900 per suite if 3 or less, and then it got cheaper the more suites were done. It was something like $750 per suite for us since more than 4 were affected. Plus the sniffer dog before and after.

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Hey Sherilynn

Which company did you use to do the heat treatment?

Lisa

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Pretty sure that we used Thermotech. We also hired Sniffer Dog Services Inc. before treatment to pinpoint which rooms to treat and later to check the effectiveness of the treatment.

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Hey Sherilynn

Thanks so much for the great info

Lisa

Top Bottom