Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Begin investing with quick turn techniques!

larolargo

Registered
Hello,

my name is Mario, I live in Vancouver BC. I`m planning to start my investing career in real estate using quick turn techniques. I`ve been studying Ron Legrand`s techniques for a couple of months and just bought his quick turn bootcamp in toronto(october) and seller financing(February maybe). My goal is to start making offers as soon as I attend the quick turn boot camp.
I have no money to start doing the buy and hold so I believe starting with quick turn techniques would be the best for me.
So I wonder If a Rein membership would work out for me in terms of getting support to do quick turn because as far as know Rein is only about buying and hold.
I actually plan to do buy and hold in the future once I have capital available and want a better return for my money, but now I`m more worried in take care of my cash flow needs, plus I don`t want to wait for a few years in order to save enough money for a down payment.
I`ve read all Don`s book and really like it, so If I can get the support from Rein in order to do quick turn I believe a membership would work out for me.

Thank you!

Mario Ferreira

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (larolargo @ Sep 14 2010, 08:26 PM) ..
I have no money to start doing the buy and hold so I believe starting with quick turn techniques would be the best for me. ..
quick turn assume you can buy WELL below market .. have a big list of potential investors and can sell below market and make a buck on the difference.

This technique is very hard to implement .. not impossible but very hard. It means you have to find deals WELL below market .. and that means you know the market AND the asset type well. Do you ?

REIN membership will help .. but is not primarily geared towards a fast buck AS IT DOESN`T WORK BY AND LARGE in most major markets unless you get lucky .. or can buy IN CASH AND CLOSE QUICKLY.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
You will here anyone can do quick turn. In reality it is not for everyone and it is not for novice investors. Quick turn does take a lot more money than perceived to start (speaking from experience). The Canadian market is also a lot different from the US market where Quick Turn is best suited for. Can it work in Canadian markets? Yes, it needs to be tweaked. Go in with eyes wide open and ask around in the local Vancouver market for advice in using these strategies. I know from province to province it can be very different. The trick is to find sellers that need a solution to selling their house. How do you do this? Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. Yellows letters, Google Ads, Car signs, bandit signs, online ads,,,, This all takes a lot of money to do.
What has worked best for me? I started with the yellow letters and did not get the response I was looking for. I then used Google Ads and have been very happy with the results. This is also very expensive. We have now reached the top 1st and 2nd page of Google search engines here in Ontario for We Buy Houses and the leads are coming in at a steady pace now. We also have signs on four cars which has worked out great.
If you search the forums you will see many people have tried it but only a few are actually doing it. Why? Because even for seasoned investors it can be very hard.

larolargo

Registered
Thanks a lot guys for the quick response!
The techniques that I`m interested the most is getting in using taking over the debt/seller financing and exiting with either lease-to-own or seller financing.
Do you think that would work well in Vancouver?
Do I use the same criteria as buy and hold to pick properties(steps on the goldmine scorecard) or it doesn`t really matter as long as I can walk in equity?

Thank you very much!

Mario Ferreira

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (larolargo @ Sep 14 2010, 09:24 PM) Do you think that would work well in Vancouver?
As Gary mentioned it works only for the VERY experienced ones !! It is not a novice strategy !!

I also tried to do lease-to-own about 7 years ago after Ron`s seminar ... and failed miserably .. but was very successful in building an apartment building portfolio !

In the current low interest rate environment I see it even more difficult .. especially in high priced Vancouver !

hassan88

Registered
QUOTE (larolargo @ Sep 14 2010, 08:26 PM) Hello,

my name is Mario, I live in Vancouver BC. I`m planning to start my investing career in real estate using quick turn techniques. I`ve been studying Ron Legrand`s techniques for a couple of months and just bought his quick turn bootcamp in toronto(october) and seller financing(February maybe). My goal is to start making offers as soon as I attend the quick turn boot camp.
I have no money to start doing the buy and hold so I believe starting with quick turn techniques would be the best for me.
So I wonder If a Rein membership would work out for me in terms of getting support to do quick turn because as far as know Rein is only about buying and hold.
I actually plan to do buy and hold in the future once I have capital available and want a better return for my money, but now I`m more worried in take care of my cash flow needs, plus I don`t want to wait for a few years in order to save enough money for a down payment.
I`ve read all Don`s book and really like it, so If I can get the support from Rein in order to do quick turn I believe a membership would work out for me.

Thank you!

Mario Ferreira

Hi Mario,

I was in the same situation a year ago and didn`t know if REIN would be the best option for me. Let me tell you joining REIN was the best decision I ever made. Money will come and you will be able to do all sorts of deals. Knowledge is the most important asset that you need if you have no money.I bought my first buy and hold property two months after joining REIN with no money. Quick turn is a great way to make money in the real estate game but REIN provides you with basic understanding on how to invest. Money is an obstacle and you have to be creative to overcome that. The best place to start is REIN. I am also going to the Quick Turn event in Toronto so hope to see you there!!! Good Luck in your investing career
BTW let me know if you are looking for a partner to split the cost for the event.

Sincerely,

Hassan

Top Bottom