Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

belize real estate

konechny

Registered
Thinking of buying a piece of paradise to retire to...

My name is Craig Konechny and I have been a REIN member for 3-4 years. I own around 18 doors and have been proud to be part of a group that believes that being postive in life can only bring great things....which has worked great for myself and my family.

I was down in Belize a few months ago with my family to visit my parents,who grew up in Saskatchewan, and now live in Belize fulltime. They specifically live just out of San Ignacio on 5 acres of land on the river. They previously lived in Mulege on the Baha of Mexico for 7 years and in 2007 moved to Belize.
While there we stayed at a beautiful resort right on the river (which we went river tubing down). Within 15 mins from our place there were awesome mayan ruins, which you had to yourself, and authentic shopping and culture. I have travelled to Mexico extensivly(including all the main mayan ruins) and numerous other places in the world but Belize is definatly been one of my favorites.
I have considered purchasing a vacation property for a long time in Mexico and the States but because of the rules and title ownerships I have always been too nervous to move forward. Belize is a different story...it is a British colony so you have mostly the same rules for ownership there as we are familar with....main language is english which also creates a comfort level too.
Presently a new international airport is being built which will most certainly increase value to all properties there and new resorts are popping up everywhere. San Pedro island which is an easy and inexpensive 20min flight from Belize is like Playa del Carmen in that it has a long market street with beach out front and tons of great resorts to stay at.
1 year ago my parents along with my uncle (whom lives in Grande Prairie) bought an established real estate company in San Ignacio with over 200 listings all over Belize. If anyone is interested we are planning a real estate viewing trip slash vacation in mid October which might be a great opputunity for anyone who might be curious about Belize and thinking of a vacation property. If interested you can send me an email to [email protected] (subject "belize")and I can answer any questions you might have. My parents website is diamondrealestatebelize.com which has most listings that are availble.

I hope everyone is living their Belize...Craig

Top Bottom