Best Time to Change Property Manager

esteyjk

Registered
Hi Everyone,

For the past year, I`ve been using a property management company for my Edmonton properties (which are up/down bungalows). This company is terrible to say the least and I`d like to use somebody else that actually cares about service and does as they are directed. What concerns me is how the process of transferring from one PM to another would actually work. Maybe the best time to do such a switch is when renewing the fixed-term leases with the tenants. I suppose the new PM would need to perform their own property inspection when they take over management and new leases would need to be prepared. I reside in Calgary and I simply don`t have the time or desire to deal with the tenants so I require a seamless transition. Does anyone have experience and advice on this issue?

As well, can anyone recommend a competent, REIN-minded Edmonton property manager that is willing to handle suited, single family homes?

Thanks,

John

shawnthornton

Registered
John

I have moved over properties with tenants from one management company to another at various times. I found that it doesn`t really matter when you move over, there are always glitches along the way. A good PM should be able to minimize those gliches though.

I have been using Libertas Property Management Inc. for the past year. I find them great to work with. The owners are experienced REIN members and use a lot of the REIN systems to attract and care for tenants. They have a great team, excellent systems and good communication with me. I would totally recommend these guys for taking care of your property in Edmonton. Give them a call at 478-6492 and they will give you a whole package of information on them, talk to Dave or Drew.

Shawn

esteyjk

Registered
QUOTE (shawnthornton @ Mar 17 2008, 02:52 PM) John

I have moved over properties with tenants from one management company to another at various times. I found that it doesn`t really matter when you move over, there are always glitches along the way. A good PM should be able to minimize those gliches though.

I have been using Libertas Property Management Inc. for the past year. I find them great to work with. The owners are experienced REIN members and use a lot of the REIN systems to attract and care for tenants. They have a great team, excellent systems and good communication with me. I would totally recommend these guys for taking care of your property in Edmonton. Give them a call at 478-6492 and they will give you a whole package of information on them, talk to Dave or Drew.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn. I think I`m going to make the switch.

Haimr

Registered
I work with my PM for 1+ year and mostly he was ok, but it come to the point which I know it can’t go forward with this PM.
So I decide to switch, it took me 2 week to find good PM, but in the moment I found the right-on till he take over of the property’s with my help ( you as landlord can help a lot with providing the right information to your new PM ) it long for 2 days.
Now I have new PM, my gain on this is my time, and the property’s run much smoother, so Yes look for good PM and go for the switch and do it ASAP.

Haim Rabinoviz