Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Book Keeping Software?

zoltanwise

Registered
Hi I`m currently closing on my first rental property!
Reading through the Canadian Real estate books I found that it would be a good idea to be organized from the start.
I feel that I should know where I`am and where I`m going in my business.
What kind of software or book keeping tools can I use to chart my progress?
How easy is it to transfer my recipts and bookkeeping records to my accountant?

Kelly

JBagorio

Registered
QUOTE (zoltanwise @ Nov 16 2009, 09:25 PM) Hi I`m currently closing on my first rental property!
Reading through the Canadian Real estate books I found that it would be a good idea to be organized from the start.

Kelly

I believe in the book, Don have a section on how you organize your documents for every property you acquire you might what to revisit that. I use this system to keep all my start to finish docs for every purchase. As for bookkeeping software I use Quicken Rental Property Manger. I am sure there are better once out there, but this one serves the purpose. The only thing I don`t like about it is that it is tailored more towards US system. Over all 95% of the functionality is still usable base on my needs. I could see how well each of my properties are performing and I can easily hand the data to my accountant come tax time.

torontowest

Registered
QUOTE (zoltanwise @ Nov 16 2009, 10:25 PM) Hi I`m currently closing on my first rental property!

Kelly

There is also Simplify`Em online tracking tool at this website http://www.trexglobal.com/ which I`ve been using for the past year. It is easy to use and you can keep track all your revenues and expenses.

Top Bottom