Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bookingkeeping program

konechny

Registered
I was looking for a book keeping program that would have an area that could manage properties as well as the financials.
Does anyone know of one ? thanks

ekisielewski

Registered
QUOTE (konechny @ Sep 27 2007, 09:07 PM) I was looking for a book keeping program that would have an area that could manage properties as well as the financials.

Hi: The newly realeased REMA program. Designed by a real estate investor and Rein member specifically for RE investing. If you are not a Rein member i believe you can still purchase it. I suggest you contact REIN`s main office.
Good Luck!
Elisabet

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (ekisielewski @ Sep 28 2007, 09:56 AM) Hi: The newly realeased REMA program. Designed by a real estate investor and Rein member specifically for RE investing. If you are not a Rein member i believe you can still purchase it. I suggest you contact REIN`s main office.
Good Luck!
Elisabet

for clarity, this is not an accounting and bookkeeping package, rather a portfolio analysis and tracking tool.

I would suggest the following:
QuickBooks
MYOB
or excel depending on how complex your business is.

We use QuickBooks very successfully.

George

Registered
Good morning,

While there are different software programs out there, for the majority of investors we find that the Quickbooks series of software provides the best value. While not without disadvantages, it is difficult to complain about given the price point. We recommend using the QuickBooks Pro edition. If you decide to order this online, please ensure that you are on the Canadian website.

Warm regards...

George

grhutchings

Registered
QUOTE (MarkGarrett @ Sep 28 2007, 05:45 PM) for clarity, this is not an accounting and bookkeeping package, rather a portfolio analysis and tracking tool.

I would suggest the following:
QuickBooks
MYOB
or excel depending on how complex your business is.

We use QuickBooks very successfully.

Just to add to Marks list, I have been using simply accounting and find that this is also a very powerful and userfriendly accounting package.

George Hutchings
www.sellmeyourhomefast.com
Hutchings Investments

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
We have been using Quickbooks very successfully for over a decade now. There is no need to buy the 'property' version of it as it is the same program with a company set up within it and it misses some of the key points.

I recommend that you take the CRA form you use to file your taxes with and set up your accounts to match theirs as, at the bottom line, they dictate what categories you can file under.

Here are the key links for this:

FORM:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/business/topi...ort/menu-e.html

CRA Real estate page (very important):

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/individuals/t...126/menu-e.html

Also, the REIN Meeting in Ontario in October is all about this key subject, here's the link to that event:

http://www.reincanada.com/upcomingevents.aspx

Good Luck

mthorn

Registered
I use quick books for all my accounting buy as I have grown I find it very time consuming for checking rents NOW. I was using a seperate rent roll list in excel to track rents so it became very time consuming.

Mark Vosylius recommended Rent Magic and I LOVE it. I am just getting set up. I will continue to use quickbooks for accounting. I will use rent mgic fro property management and rent collections

What I love
tracks vacanies both current and upcoming
tracks prospective tenants, and new trenants who haven`t moved in yet
tracks todo lists for repairs
***AUTOMTICALLY prints N4 and N1`s ****
Prints Other LTB Forms
Allows my landlords to go online and veiw their properties and the list goes on!!!

jclacasse

Registered
Hi Don,

Are you using Quickbooks easy start, Pro or premier?
is it possible to get copy of your chart of account and thanks for all the hard work that you & everyone at REIN do for us members. This forum is a great help

J.C.

navaz

Registered
QUOTE (konechny @ Sep 27 2007, 09:07 PM) I was looking for a book keeping program that would have an area that could manage properties as well as the financials.

AS always - first question has to be - what are you trying to accomplish? If you are trying to help in preparing your tax return -then a simple filing system which sorts out your reciepts by property and totaling them up at the end of the year is sufficient. If you want to keep track of your reciepts a little better - perhaps an excel spreadsheet does the job. If you have lots of properties and have to report to JV partners - QB may not be bad - but remember - the more you need for reports -the higher your operational costs are - so do it if you absolutely need it

George

Registered
QUOTE (jclacasse @ Nov 15 2007, 12:55 AM) Hi Don,

Are you using Quickbooks easy start, Pro or premier?
is it possible to get copy of your chart of account and thanks for all the hard work that you & everyone at REIN do for us members. This forum is a great help

J.C.

Good evening JC,

We prefer to see people use QuickBooks Pro.

Warm regards....

George

Top Bottom