Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brantford area

crispino

Registered
Does anyone have any suggestions of this area...I am looking to purchase a rental property here. I have read and heard that this is an area that is booming...Where in brantford is a good location?? Paris??

SeanFlatt

Registered
Hi Crispino,

I`ve owned a rental property in Brantford for the past 5 years and I am in the process of re-learning the entire area before I start purchasing a few more. I`ll be happy to share what I learn over the next month or so.

Sean Flatt

QUOTE (crispino @ Dec 7 2007, 11:43 PM) Does anyone have any suggestions of this area...I am looking to purchase a rental property here. I have read and heard that this is an area that is booming...Where in brantford is a good location?? Paris??

Nir

REIN Member
Thank you Crispino for the question and Sean for sharing. I`d be glad to learn more too..

SeanMcAllister

Registered
Hi Crispino,

I recently purchased a duplex in Brantford. Im also still trying to figure out where the best areas are. But the north east and the south west seem to have a lot of new development. Around Wayne Gretzky there seems to be a lot of development. New Loews etc. Might be a place to start looking. There are a whole bunch of 3/2 condo town homes for sale close to that ive been hesitating (guilty of analysis paralysis) on them but the price is definitely right. <120k.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (SeanMcAllister @ Dec 9 2007, 02:05 PM) Hi Crispino,

I recently purchased a duplex in Brantford. Im also still trying to figure out where the best areas are. But the north east and the south west seem to have a lot of new development. Around Wayne Gretzky there seems to be a lot of development. New Loews etc. Might be a place to start looking. There are a whole bunch of 3/2 condo town homes for sale close to that ive been hesitating (guilty of analysis paralysis) on them but the price is definitely right. <120k.

Sean,
What are the fundamentals in the area? Is there a good pool of potential tenants? In the top 10 list it scores 10 out of 13 checkmarks, a townhs/condo for 120K shouldn`t be hard to cashflow. Are these new built?
Thanks for your feedback.

Ed R

SeanMcAllister

Registered
Spoke with my real estate agent about the area; seems that it is a little "rough" due to the lower economic status of some of the residents. Truth be told I havent done a proper study of them yet. What I can say is location, location, location. 2min from the 403, so 20-25min to Woodstock and Hamilton. A lot of new development as stated above. They are somewhat older. I have yet to check their age. I would think that they should cashflow nicely especially if you can get an out of towner. They are located accross from a golf course. Are they in a transition area? That`s the real question. Im new to rein so I have backed off and am going through the quick start program right now, working on my sophisticated binder aswell. Want to do the next one according to the program. Let me know what if anything you find out.

Sean

EdRenkema

Registered
Thanks Sean, I to am working thru the quick start binder.
I haven`t looked closely at Brantford yet but the location as you said is appealing.

Ed R

TorontoRealtor

Registered
Quickstart basics: keep yourself near the highway and/or public transit for starters. That`s a good foundation. And keep yourself away from landfill. Learned the hard way.

soccerguy

Registered
Hi Crispino, I have lived in the Brantford area for 49 years. There has been great growth over the last number of years with names like Firriera Rouche, LG, Proctor and Gamble and many others who have come to realize the value in Brantford`s excellent location and it`s short porximity to Hamilton, Cambridge, Woodstock etc. Woodstock is now also building the new Toyota plant and it is only 20minutes away. The other great story is the revitalization of the downtown and the ever growing new Wilfred Laurier Campas that has been hear for more that 5 years now (great potential for investment property). We have also just opened a new Lowes hardware store, only 4 in Canada and Brantford being the first in a smaller centre. Realstate pricies have been strong all year. Things are great in Brantford. If you have any questions my wife is the Brantford Real estate board President. She would be very knowledgeable.

regrards,

Jim

Haimr

Registered
QUOTE (soccerguy @ Dec 28 2007, 12:02 PM) Hi Crispino, I have lived in the Brantford area for 49 years. There has been great growth over the last number of years with names like Firriera Rouche, LG, Proctor and Gamble and many others who have come to realize the value in Brantford`s excellent location and it`s short porximity to Hamilton, Cambridge, Woodstock etc. Woodstock is now also building the new Toyota plant and it is only 20minutes away. The other great story is the revitalization of the downtown and the ever growing new Wilfred Laurier Campas that has been hear for more that 5 years now (great potential for investment property). We have also just opened a new Lowes hardware store, only 4 in Canada and Brantford being the first in a smaller centre. Realstate pricies have been strong all year. Things are great in Brantford. If you have any questions my wife is the Brantford Real estate board President. She would be very knowledgeable.

regrards,

Jim

Jim I don`t see any soccer fundamental in Brantford which make it very risky city to invest
style_emoticons

I do agree with you Jim this is exactly the way I "SELL" Brantford to Toronto guys, which first ask me where is Brantford.

Imagine triangle, in the North side will be KWC in the East Hamilton the West side will be Woodstock.
In the middle of this triangle locate "Ferrero Group" sorry Brantford.
With those surround city and growing economy what will be your expectation?
I will add to your list Wayne Gretzky PKY completely redevelops with new retail shop and Business Park.
West south completely redevelop.
What about City border extend.
Great City no doubted about this.

Haim Rabinoviz

Top Bottom