Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bugs

terryaris

Registered
I have a renter complaining about bed bugs. These bugs have not bit him, but he says they have infested his bed. Can anyone help with the following:

1. How can we identify them?
2. How can we control them?
3. Whose responsibilty is it.

Interesting enough these renters are very clean, nature loving, God fearing people. Due to the fact that the bugs are not biting them, I feel it is likely some other type of bug that came out when spring came.

I am open to any ideas for the control of these critters. I have found that Suspend SC is supposed to be good for control. Any idea of where I can obtain this?

Thanks

TA

David90

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Contact Ray Reuter at the REIN office. He can send you informtion to help you identify if they are bed bugs or not. You can also try searching on the internet for a photo of one.

Orkin in Edmonton has a trained dog to help identify any infestations, but any reputable pest control company should be able to help you.

As for getting them, they are brought into your building by luggage, on clothing, staying in a infested hotel room, children`s sleepovers, etc. Bed bugs don`t discriminate between socioeconomic class, race, religeon, clean, dirty, etc. They are a nusance and tought to get rid of. Your best bet is to treat the situation quickly before the infestation gets too out of hand if it hasn`t already.

Good Luck! Act Quickly!

Nir

REIN Member
I hope it`s not a new bug... like the new pig virus.

brentdavies

Registered
In Alberta, the landlord must pay the cost.

Do it fast, so they don`t spread too far.

Twong

Registered
QUOTE (terryaris @ Apr 27 2009, 02:17 PM) I have a renter complaining about bed bugs. These bugs have not bit him, but he says they have infested his bed. Can anyone help with the following:

1. How can we identify them?
2. How can we control them?
3. Whose responsibilty is it.

Interesting enough these renters are very clean, nature loving, God fearing people. Due to the fact that the bugs are not biting them, I feel it is likely some other type of bug that came out when spring came.

I am open to any ideas for the control of these critters. I have found that Suspend SC is supposed to be good for control. Any idea of where I can obtain this?

Thanks

TA

Hi Terry,

Here is a website full of bed bug info:
http://pestcontrolcanada.com/INSECTS/get_r....htm#Prevention

If you confirm you do have bedbugs, get the exterminators in! Preferably someone with a guarentee.

Twong

Top Bottom