Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buiding my Dream Home on Vancouver Island

Charly

Registered
Hi Folks:

I know your focus is on landlording and rental properties but I need your advise and ideas.

My ultimate goal is to live on Vancouver Island, preferably Victoria area within the next 2-3 years.

My dream home is a small 500-600 sq foot cabin/cottage style place.

My money is limited: $ up to $300,000 for both home and property.

They do NOT build small homes anymore. nor do any seem to exist anymore. Nor is property that affordable. Also, I have a keen interest in environmental type homes, (small or straw bale or cob etc).

Challenge: I am thinking I should just buy my own property and build my own little home. Money is tight and of course, what kinda builder would help me?

I would love to ultimately work in Victoria so am aiming for anything close to Victoria and might consider going as far as Duncan or even Salt Spring Island, I have even considered Comox Valley but it is not my first choice.

Question: Does anyone know of any builders that might be able to help me build a small home?
How about a builder that knows anything about Cob, Straw Bale or just plain small home building?
Any areas I should look for property?

Please, I know this sounds kinda impossible for my pricing but I would like to think that a small home , very simple home is not the same in costs as larger houses. Especially one this small. I am just hoping you guys can throw out some ideas for me.

Sincerely,
Charly

Top Bottom