Calgary Secondary suites - councillor support

wgraham

REIN Member
What are the chances Nenshi actually gets this through this term? I am still thinking it is 50/50

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=wgraham]What are the chances Nenshi actually gets this through this term? I am still thinking it is 50/50

What would stop him from finishing his 4 years? The only thing I can think of is success running for a higher office. He wouldn't be a credible entrant into provincial politics because none of the left of centre parties are credible here. And Federally the Liberal leadership is Justin Trudeau's until at least the next election.

I certainly wouldn't bet at even money stakes on Nenshi not being mayor the day before the next Calgary municipal election, (implied by 50/50 odds)

Regards,

Michael

bizaro86

Registered
Conviction of a serious crime would do it to, I suppose, but I think that's pretty unlikely. Nenshi is pretty much that antithesis of Rob Ford...

Regards,

Michael

RedlineBrett

Registered
I think Wade was getting at the legalization of secondary suites... not Nenshi being re-elected or punted from office.

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=RedlineBrett] I think Wade was getting at the legalization of secondary suites... not Nenshi being re-elected or punted from office.

Ooops! Sorry Wade, clearly misread you. On second look it's pretty clear what you meant.

Michael