Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Camrose Real Estate

grantala

Registered
I am potentially looking at re-locationg to Camrose for work and was wondering what the take was on the market there?

Judging by the MLS search, it doesn`t appear to have a very stimulated market.

Any thoughts/opinions would be great.

RichardCanfield

Registered
QUOTE (grantala @ Mar 2 2008, 10:31 PM) I am potentially looking at re-locationg to Camrose for work and was wondering what the take was on the market there?

Judging by the MLS search, it doesn`t appear to have a very stimulated market.

Any thoughts/opinions would be great.

The Camrose Area is a great community that services an exceptionally large area of smaller communites with less ammenities. It brigdes the gap between these communites from Edmonton because of all the retail benefits that have moved in of late. The Service and retail industry have expanded an exceptional amount leading to alot of construcion...however most of this construction for larger projects is being farmed out to Edmonton Construcion companies. The only real "industry" in place is The Steel pipe manufacturing and pipe coating facilities located NE side of the city. Big Valley Jamboree doubles the population for a 4 day span in the summer and brings in a great deal of business but the community is certainly lacking on some of the fundamentals. Opportunity exists everywhere so it really depends on what your system is. If you are interested in the Smaller town values, and slightly lower home costs than Edmonton it may be a good fit for you, but keep in mind that it`s driving factors are the ripple effect and may lack some sustainability.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
we own over 100 apartments in 2 complexes in Camrose .. great rental market .. 1BR rents for low 800`s to high 800`s (upgraded) and $150-$200 more for 2BR ..

i.e. rents are similar to Edmonton but prices are LOWER by about 20-25% !!

We`ll do a condo conversion project in Camrose soon with break-even cash-flow at 75% to 80% LTV mortgage .. unheard of for Alberta .. at prices for condos in the mid 120`s to mid 140`s ..

So, I`d say it is a great market to buy and live .. very clean community .. all the amenities .. UofA campus .. hospital, Wal*Mart, Starbucks, Canadian Tire, ... and close enough to Edmonton if you want that big city excitement in 45 minutes !

grantala

Registered
Well now I know who my competition will be!
style_emoticons

What is your experience with the students from Augustana? I read about a population of 2000 with roughly half living in residence. In my eyes this could potentially open up renting needs for 1000 students! (downfall being 8 months).

Also with Camrose having a strong senior population, are they moving towards the condo and apartment option?

I really appreciate your replies!

sheldon

Registered
I also own a rental property in Camrose.

There are quite a few jobs in health care considering that it`s the location for the head office of East Central Health. Along with St. Mary`s hospital and Bethany Group which provides housing for seniors. Camrose is definitley a retirement community, it`s full of seniors!

I heard that Augustana is expanding but don`t have any info on that yet. If you have any please reply.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (sheldon @ Mar 27 2008, 09:24 AM) I also own a rental property in Camrose.

There are quite a few jobs in health care considering that it`s the location for the head office of East Central Health. Along with St. Mary`s hospital and Bethany Group which provides housing for seniors. Camrose is definitley a retirement community, it`s full of seniors!

I heard that Augustana is expanding but don`t have any info on that yet. If you have any please reply.

rents are like Edmonton .. high 700`s to mid 800`s for 1BR .. over $1000 for 2BR .. but prices are lower .. so buy as many as you can .. lots of Scandinavians .. clean .. modern .. right blend of rural and close to city ..

Top Bottom