Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

can`t post on kijiji if you are out of the country

terri

Registered
I thought I would share this information with everyone.

I was recently in Mexico when I got an email from one of my tenants saying that they were going to be moving.

As I had photos on the laptop with me, I decided to not wait 5 days until I returned home, but post an ad right away.

I was able to post on craigslist, but not kijiji so I contacted them to find out why.

Apparently, kijiji canada will only allow you to post from within the country. I`m guessing this is to reduce the amount of scam posts.

Just a heads up for some other investors like me who are attempting to balance travel while running their real estate business.

Terri

fumbrunner

Registered
QUOTE (terri @ Jan 13 2010, 10:05 PM) I thought I would share this information with everyone.

I was recently in Mexico when I got an email from one of my tenants saying that they were going to be moving.

As I had photos on the laptop with me, I decided to not wait 5 days until I returned home, but post an ad right away.

I was able to post on craigslist, but not kijiji so I contacted them to find out why.

Apparently, kijiji canada will only allow you to post from within the country. I`m guessing this is to reduce the amount of scam posts.

Just a heads up for some other investors like me who are attempting to balance travel while running their real estate business.

Terri
That doesn`t surprise me as there have been hundreds of real estate scams on both Craigslist and Kijiji.  Of course, there are ways around it such as redirecting your traffic through a Canadian proxy.

Nicola

Registered
QUOTE (terri @ Jan 14 2010, 02:05 PM) I thought I would share this information with everyone.

Terri

Hi Terri,

I`ve had this issue too with Kijiji, but have been using Craiglist. Now, however, Craiglist is asking me for a Canadian phone number to which it will send a code which I need to enter in order to post. Did this happen to you, too?

Thanks,
Nicola

CarlaJohnson

Registered
To advertise my book, I have posted ads from Canada on Kijiji in the US and Australia. The only challenge was I had to come up with a zip code for the country (which I found online). According to my US ad, I live in Beverly Hills, because that was one zip code I could knew well - 90210!

I didn`t realize it was more challenging coming the other way. Good to know.

terri

Registered
QUOTE (Nicola @ Jan 14 2010, 03:45 AM) Hi Terri,

I`ve had this issue too with Kijiji, but have been using Craiglist. Now, however, Craiglist is asking me for a Canadian phone number to which it will send a code which I need to enter in order to post. Did this happen to you, too?

Thanks,
Nicola

interestingly enough, no. I had no problem posting on craigslist.

I`m hoping to do a lot more travelling in the future and still be able to operate my business while on the road, so it`s good to know what I can and can`t do from abroad.

orei

Registered
Terri:
Using some simple tricks, you will be able to post to Kijiji from abroad. Look into "Proxies" especially if you use firefox.

Or look into something like: interestingly enough, no. I had no problem posting on craigslist.

I`m hoping to do a lot more travelling in the future and still be able to operate my business while on the road, so it`s good to know what I can and can`t do from abroad.

Top Bottom