Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian Cities Housing Real Estate Data Site

ChrisDavies

Registered
The Center for Urban Economics and Real Estate at UBC made a great little site with some numbers for the eight major centers. They provide "quarterly data in both tables and figure format to describe demographic, employment, residential real estate, and non-residential real estate conditions in the eight principal Canadian metropolitan areas. The data is accessible by city and then broken down by category."

Looks great, and it`s nice to have that much data in once place. The only suggestion I`d make to them is to include the data tables for the charts. If they did that I`d send them a Christmas basket!

Canadian Cities Housing & Real Estate Data Site

wgraham

REIN Member
Wow!!! This is a great site!! The only thing I think it is missing is local inflationary numbers, rents and vacancy rates....but that really isn`t that hard to find!

W

RedlineBrett

Registered
I would love to have the data tables as well, but thanks so much for posting this Chris - good stuff!

QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Nov 12 2008, 12:24 AM) The Center for Urban Economics and Real Estate at UBC made a great little site with some numbers for the eight major centers. They provide "quarterly data in both tables and figure format to describe demographic, employment, residential real estate, and non-residential real estate conditions in the eight principal Canadian metropolitan areas. The data is accessible by city and then broken down by category."

Looks great, and it`s nice to have that much data in once place. The only suggestion I`d make to them is to include the data tables for the charts. If they did that I`d send them a Christmas basket!

mponte

Registered
Great info Chris! Thanks for posting.

QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Nov 12 2008, 12:24 AM) The Center for Urban Economics and Real Estate at UBC made a great little site with some numbers for the eight major centers. They provide "quarterly data in both tables and figure format to describe demographic, employment, residential real estate, and non-residential real estate conditions in the eight principal Canadian metropolitan areas. The data is accessible by city and then broken down by category."

rezasal

Registered
Thanks for the site, it`s great.

One question:

What`s the difference between the nominal growth rate vs. real growth rate?

Jack

Registered
QUOTE What`s the difference between the nominal growth rate vs. real growth rate?
Probably inflation.

Excellent find, Chris!

Thembi

Registered
QUOTE (rezasal @ Nov 12 2008, 10:57 AM) Thanks for the site, it`s great.

One question:

What`s the difference between the nominal growth rate vs. real growth rate?

Real price factors in inflation and nominal value is basically the actual value of the product without putting into consideration the rate of inflation.

Top Bottom