Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Canadian Real Estate Magazine

Shamon

Registered
Hi All, just a quick note to say that I picked up a very good magazine at chapters the other day called "Canadian Real Estate". It has alot of relative info, research, and advertising. The website is www.remag.ca.

Chow, Shamon

grantala

Registered
I picked up the first issue just before Christmas and decided to subscribe to it. It`s fairly expensive, but its nice to have all Canadian content. The only thing I`ve noticed so far is since they are based out of Ontario, the majority of the focus is on Toronto/Ontario. Still a great magazine which I imagine will only get better!

realfortin

Registered
QUOTE (grantala @ Mar 18 2008, 11:53 AM) I picked up the first issue just before Christmas and decided to subscribe to it. It`s fairly expensive, but its nice to have all Canadian content. The only thing I`ve noticed so far is since they are based out of Ontario, the majority of the focus is on Toronto/Ontario. Still a great magazine which I imagine will only get better!
Is it still the concensus that this magazine is worth the hefty 75$ pricetag? This is a ta-deductible expense is it not?

dcres

Registered
After reading the magazine at Co-op newstands while my wife shops, I finally bought January`s issue.
I really look forward to each new issue, as it`s great reading in the winter months & year round.
Since it is published in Toronto, they seem to cover a wide selection of the country with articles of interest.

It is truly Canadian.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (dcres @ Feb 25 2009, 05:20 PM) After reading the magazine at Co-op newstands while my wife shops, I finally bought January`s issue.
I really look forward to each new issue, as it`s great reading in the winter months & year round.
Since it is published in Toronto, they seem to cover a wide selection of the country with articles of interest.

It is truly Canadian.

They`ll have an article on APARTMENT BUILDINGS by us / on us next month or 2 .. focus being W-Canada !! Draft is being edited as we speak (or shall I say: blog) ??

realfortin

Registered
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Feb 25 2009, 07:53 PM) They`ll have an article on APARTMENT BUILDINGS by us / on us next month or 2 .. focus being W-Canada !! Draft is being edited as we speak (or shall I say: blog) ??
Well, I subscribed today. I`m looking forward to reading your article Thomas.

Real

grantala

Registered
It seems to have quite a few REIN members featured! Looking forward to the article Thomas!

For those who have come across this magazine, what is one item you would like to see covered, or covered differently? Myself, in brief news updates towards the beginning, I would like them to include major infastructure projects as they come up in each province.. I know the editors are very open to ideas and suggestions so there`s no time like the present to make it a magazine YOU want!

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (dcres @ Feb 25 2009, 05:20 PM) After reading the magazine at Co-op newstands while my wife shops, I finally bought January`s issue.

It is truly Canadian.
January was my favorite issue so far - but i`m probably biased by page 84.

All biases aside, I think it`s a good magazine if for no other reason to get a few new perspectives on things.

David.

ChrisDavies

Registered
I had a conversation with Suzanne, their Editor the other day. She`s good and the magazine is great.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
David,,,
Great articles by the way.
Congrats!!

I love flipping through it every month and counting the REIN members that are in the magazine.

markl

Registered
I have to agree as well great mag and where do they find all these great people to write about

I forget what issue and what page I was in I think it was November

housingrental

Registered
I would like to see a regular monthly article on student housing
There so little printed material on this
And almost none Canadian specific

QUOTE (grantala @ Feb 25 2009, 10:28 PM) It seems to have quite a few REIN members featured! Looking forward to the article Thomas!

For those who have come across this magazine, what is one item you would like to see covered, or covered differently? Myself, in brief news updates towards the beginning, I would like them to include major infastructure projects as they come up in each province.. I know the editors are very open to ideas and suggestions so there`s no time like the present to make it a magazine YOU want!

mflynn

Registered
I agree, it is a great magazine -- we were featured in the February issue. Although there were quite a few errors in the portfolio spreadsheet, I still found it to be a terrific article and one that I was happy to share with our investors (once I corrected the errors).

Our investors were quite impressed and we are about to close a deal with three new Joint Venture people as a result or the article.

I believe they are doing an article on student housing in the March issue (but I think that particular article is Toronto based.)

The editors seem very open to suggestions and are always looking for great stories -- if you have one, give them a call and try to get published, it`s great advertising!

Cheers

Mary

Top Bottom