Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Charity Golf Tourney Success!

DaveAlbano

Registered
Hi All,
As many of you know, I was organizing a charity golf tournament to help raise funds and awareness for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). It occured on Friday Aug 19, 2009 and all I have to say is….WOW! What a great tourney we ended up having despite the weather! It had to be the coldest day all summer (9[sup]o[/sup]C), rainy in all of Southern Alberta, EXCEPT for a tiny little pocket around the golf course… It was truly miraculous, since it was literally raining everywhere else all day long. Certainly overcast, windy, and chilly, but better cold and dry than cold and wet. Despite many concerns, every single participant showed up. Thank you!

You can visit here for some great shots of the event: http://flickr.com/gp/albanoclan/72y5B5

The true measure of success seemed to be in the great time everyone had and in the funds we were able to raise for MS: we raised almost $1200 in the silent auction alone and $3600 overall! I couldn`t be happier, given that initial omens didn`t look so promising given the weather.

Special thank you`s must be extended to:

Sapphire
I.T. Staffing, our major donor who gave a $1000 direct donation! As a result, I will be flying their flag atop of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa when I climb it in October, and will do the same for any other corporation that gives this minimum amount
-> [*]Higher Ground Real Estate Investments and Silver REIN Member Wade Graham, its CEO, who bought eight player spots and drove two hours in the pouring rain to attend. Wade GAVE away those spots to his most valued clients and potential investors in true relationship building and gratitude in a win-win fashion
[*]Boulder Creek Golf Course
, who were great at helping me organize this event, had fantastic staff, served great food and acted as gracious hosts The "signature" pieces of the auction were:
An autographed "Shot Heard Around the World" print of the 1972 Summit Series of Hockey Supremacy when Canada beat Russia. The print was of Paul Henderson scoring the winning goal of the series, and autographed by Paul and Yvon Cournoyer. It alone went for $400 in an exciting bidding war!As part of my coaching program that I offer, I am privy to many offers and programs by others, and am very well connected with Bob Proctor of The Secret fame. www.FullLifePotential.com was able to donate Bob`s "Science of Getting Rich" program that retails for $2000 US! It went for $300 Cdn…a virtual steal! Of course, the event could not have happened the way it did without the fantastic job and the generosity of the outstanding community in which we live, including our wonderful volunteers (Shelley from the local Calgary Chapter of the MS Society, and fellow REIN member Ryan Parry), and the rest of our incredible sponsors:
  • Scott MacDonald of Investors Group
  • Delta Calgary South
  • Glenmore Inn
  • REIN Members Ian Friesen & Lisa Koshman
  • HairBiz Hair Salon in CalgaryStrathmore Golf ClubLongman AgenciesThe Calgary StampedersFamily Golf Centre/Pebble Beach Miniature GolfStaples
My thanks also to Mr. Don R. Campbell and the REIN members mentioned who supported me in this endeavour.

My personal goal is to raise $10,000 for this cause this year, and will be travelling to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa to raise further awareness and funds. I`m just over half way there, and am looking for further donors and sponsors. If you would like to contribute further (or know anyone who would), and to find out more about me, please visit http://tinyurl.com/qk68t4 for an instant tax receipt!

Many Thanks again for all your support, and we`ll see you at the top.

Top Bottom