Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

commercial investing book?

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
I have not read it. However, I am a firm believer that any book or course that will increase your knowledge in a given field will be a good investment. Some will be of more benefit than others. But, all are worthwhile.

The timing of your question is perfect for me because I am about to acquire some new books to increase my own knowledge. This might be a good choice.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

HeatherBrandt

Registered
I bought it and have read about 1/3 of it. I found it was the best overall book for Canada. It is definitely a textbook (not for entertainment value!). I think it will be a good reference. The authors must live in Ontario because all the examples/forms are Ontario specific.

The site you provided the link for is the best place to buy it. If you buy through Amazon, it generally costs about $50 more.

Heather

AndyLuchies

Registered
QUOTE (HeatherBrandt @ Jan 21 2009, 06:22 PM) I bought it and have read about 1/3 of it. I found it was the best overall book for Canada. It is definitely a textbook (not for entertainment value!). I think it will be a good reference. The authors must live in Ontario because all the examples/forms are Ontario specific.

The site you provided the link for is the best place to buy it. If you buy through Amazon, it generally costs about $50 more.

Heather

Thanks a lot Heather, that really helps.

Conrad5

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
It is now selling at $126.00 at amazon.ca. Is that still higher than it costs at the other website?

HeatherBrandt

Registered
QUOTE (caglah @ Jan 22 2009, 03:08 AM) It is now selling at $126.00 at amazon.ca. Is that still higher than it costs at the other website?

That`s come down a lot. When I bought, it was $200. The authors were selling for $150.

Heather

realfortin

Registered
QUOTE (HeatherBrandt @ Jan 21 2009, 04:22 PM) I bought it and have read about 1/3 of it. I found it was the best overall book for Canada. It is definitely a textbook (not for entertainment value!). I think it will be a good reference. The authors must live in Ontario because all the examples/forms are Ontario specific.

Heather
Heather,

Have you finished it yet? Is it good for residential investing too? I`m more concerned about stuff like the taxation etc that it seems to make reference to.

Real

HeatherBrandt

Registered
QUOTE (realfortin @ Feb 22 2009, 08:28 AM) Heather,

Have you finished it yet? Is it good for residential investing too? I`m more concerned about stuff like the taxation etc that it seems to make reference to.

Real

Unfortunately, I have not finished it, it`s back on the shelf! I read the parts that were of immediate interest and decided I would read the rest when applicable. Frankly, I don`t think it would be a priority to read if you want to learn about residential property investment. And the taxation it talks about is specific to commercial and Ontario specifically. I think it`s a great reference book and will be useful to me in the future.

Heather

Nir

REIN Member
Thank You Andy!

Like Dan, it`s perfect timing for me too.

Regards,
Neil

Top Bottom