Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Commercial Property Management Software

ErinLowe

Registered
Does anyone know of a good commercial property management software for tracking properties, clients, rental rates, etc.? It's for a portfolio of about 50 commercial properties which includes 130 tenants and a mix of retail and food establishments.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
We use YARDI in our office. It is a well know ICI mgmt program.

There are others. Do a Google search and you will find many.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Dan

I was under impression (potentially incorrect) that Yardi was used mainly for residential rentals

Can you advise?

brentdavies

Registered
Hi Adam,

We used Yardi for many years, and it can easily do both residential and commercial properties.

triple net, common area maintenance and GST HST can be both tracked and filed for.

However Yardi is very expensive to operate and I believe it outpriced itself compared to other software.

housingrental

Registered
Thanks for the info Brent!

Have you seen any mid size + firms choose to spend money to customize something like ACCPAC vs using Yardi? Or any other suggestions?

brentdavies

Registered
HI Adam,

My CMA accountant/wife uses Quickbooks Pro for our private properties and set up Quick books for another 300 unit portfolio with lots of land leases, cell towers, gas and oil leases, and residential rentals in one package. We track lease renewals, contact info, and income and expense. We don't track when the roof was last reshingled in this program.

The Journal of Property Management (CPM program) from Chicgo rates most PM programs every other year.

The difficulty in any software, is the user. The user must clearly define what they want to do with the information or it becomes "garbage in, garbage out".

housingrental

Registered
Thanks - I have quickbooks setup too - will check out that rating you mentioned for more options

Top Bottom