Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Condo insurance for Townhome

mplut

REIN Member
This is very much a newbie question....I`ve purchased several homes in my lifetime...but never a condo so I have no idea.

What is normally included in the condo corporation`s insurance policy, and what isn`t (and should be made up in a separate landlord policy). I expect each case is different, but are there typical scenarios? What sorts of things are a "don`t bother"?

Margaret

thejules

REIN Member
The Condo Corp. will have a standard unit by-law which explains what they cover. Usually it`s the drywall, starter cabinets, floor boards, out to structure doors, windows, roof. The interior is yours to insure.

CalvinPeters

Registered
we have a blanket policy that covers our condos "chattels" (fridges, stoves, washers, dryers) as well as rental insurance in case of fire or flood loss. (if its a rental pool you might already have this) also any part of the condo that has been upgraded. (hardwood floors for example) would have to have other coverage outside the general condo`s converage. (usually) Generally speaking all condos will have differant stuff, so should be taken as a case by case basis.

Top Bottom