Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Copy Of Renovation’s Recipes To A JV Investor

TAMI

Registered
Helle Dear Members and Experts :Could you provide some opinion to my situation.

As a financial manager of a standards REIN style joint venture, do I have to provide all the receipts for renovation expense? Also could I ask to get pay for for the cost of scanning the receipts ?
(In the joint venture agreement is written clearly twice a year financial statement which already were given by my accountant and if there is any special request by any Co-Owner will be at his own expense.)

Detail of the story : I have investor and his accountant are pushing me to do something that I don’t think this is right . I have got an advised from my accountant not to worry about it , and I would like to hear your opinion.
The joint venture investor asked me last year for the copy receipts of the renovation of the house. Although I didn’t think that I have to provide them to him , I decided to be a nice person , so I scanned all the receipts and add a minimal cost for providing this service ,which I never got paid .
Currently, the investor’s accountant insisting that I will provide a better copy of the receipts of the renovation , so I electronic transferred the scan receipts to the accountant . Unfortunately there are some faded receipts and the investor’s accountant pushing me to scan again each one of them and letting me know that is my responsibility to provide all the copies of receipts to his client , so if CRA will inquire the investor has a copy for the balance sheet expenses and the T776 .
In a respond to this requests of my investor’s accountant, I invited the investor to come by my office and welcome him to copy all the receipts that are not perfect to his opinion with a one condition to pay the first invoice for the scanning service .

Top Bottom