Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cornerstone grant in Edmonton

CurtDerksen

Registered
Hello all,

I am interested in utilizing the grant that the city of Edmonton is offering regarding secondary suites. I emailed the city last week and they told me that the grant was to be used solely by owner occupants. This conflicts with what I believe I heard Barry M. talk about on stage. Is this true? Is the cornerstone grant only for owner occupants? Or have some of you been eligible for the grant in your Edmonton rentals?

I would appreciate any insight you may have regarding this grant.

Sincerely,

Curt Derksen

DaveL

Registered
Hey Curt,

I spoke with the City probably 4 months ago because I would also like to utilize the grant. What they told me is that I wouldn't qualify for the grant if I wanted to build a brand new suite because it has to be owner occupied. But I would qualify is there was an existing suite that needed to be upgraded to be compliant.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
They may have changed the requirements a while ago so that grants for new suites are allowed on owner-occupied homes only. I have only used the program for upgrading existing suites, so I am not sure of the current rules for new suites.

You could email the program coordinators directly at [email protected]

They are helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Top Bottom