Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cracked grout in bathroom

Joan Lee Tu

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
I have new tenants moving into a house I'm renting out to them and I just remembered that the grout in the washroom between the tile is cracked. I have never re-grouted a bathroom before and am not very handy. But my tenants seem to be handy from what they say. Is it advisable to do any of the following?

- Ask the tenants if they want to re-grout the bath area for a credit to their rent?

- Hire someone to re-grout the bath area?

Or should I just go do it myself? I live 3 hours away from the property.

invst4profit

Registered
My advice is that a landlord should never hire tenants, or give a credit toward rent, to do work. Renters generally have very little DIY skills, having never been home owners, and are unreliable in following through on any promises they make to do work. Expect low quality or no quality if in fact they ever do the work.

Hire a contractor and have it done right.

kfort

Registered
Grouting is painfully easy to do. Check YouTube. If you pay someone, go the handiman route not a tile expert. It's a rental, and any handiman worth a dollar has probably done this a hundred times.

Top Bottom