Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Creating Basement Apartment- Undergound drain install!!!!

Marty Gordon

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Here is an update of the latest basement apartment project we are doing! In this video I install the drain lines for the new apartment. This is an area where you can save a TON of money if you have experience. As many of you know, PLUMBING is one of the most expensive parts of a renovation, not to mention electrical. In the past I've seen bills over $10,000 for plumbing in basement apartments just like this one. So being that I am a licensed carpenter, and I am trying to keep the costs in line on this particular project of mine, I've decided to tackle all the plumbing myself. I've actually done it several times in the past. It's not something you want to try if you don't know how to do it, but if you are an investor with some plumbing experience, it's one of the biggest bangs for your buck regarding DIY. Obviously you still have to do everything to modern code, and get it inspected and passed, but if you have the time, and skills, you will save a ton! Check it out!

Marty Gordon

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Marty didn't i see you on a scott mcgillvary show?
LOL. Actually yes that's true. My wife Amanda and I helped Scott launch a pilot episode called "Buyers Bootcamp". It aired in September on HGTV Canada. We bought the house, and Scott paid for a large chunch of the renovation. It was quite the experience trying to do a renovation with cameras everywhere. I hope to do it again.

Top Bottom