Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

desperate for good property manager in Edmonton

LornaRush

Registered
I am desperate for a good property manager for a property that I own in Edmonton. I am not happy with the one that I have now and that is an understatement. I have not received any rent and the property has been rented for 2.5 months, They have only emailed me an invoice that has multiple costs that I dont understand and have no invoices for, such as advertising costs for long after the property was rented. Is it okay to post the name of this company here or not? I have to make numerous calls and send emails before I get an answer back. The utilities were to be paid by the tenant but I am still getting utility bills. Finally after trying to contact the property manager by phone and email they said they would send a letter to the tenant.

I really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much

ChrisJones

Registered
Sorry to here your troubles. Cannot say that I am familiar with property management companies in edmonton, but there will be lots of people on this forum that are. All I can say is get the manager that you currently have out of the picture as soon as possible before they can cause you any more grief.

Chris.

L

lanedry77

Hi Lorna,

Libertas has gotten some great comments on this site, but I can`t speak directly for them since I have no Edmonton properties using 3rd party management. It`s run by a couple REIN members, so I imagine they follow all of the REIN best practices.

Do a quick search (top left corner) for `libertas`, and see what others have said.

David
(who has no association with Libertas)

Grant

Registered
Hi,
Have you tried using the search feature? Click here to read an article with some tips on how to search effectively. Your question may already have been answered.

I also noticed that you made three threads.

QUOTE ("Rule #4")Do not post the same thread twice, either in the same place or in two different places
. If you posted it in the wrong place, doubled-posted by accident, or need the title changed, please click on the "Report" button under the post to send a message asking for it to be moved, deleted, or the title edited. Please indicate in your message which of these is necessary.
You can click here to view the board rules.

Cheers!

weewinnie

Registered
QUOTE (LornaRush @ Apr 16 2008, 01:00 AM) I am desperate for a good property manager for a property that I own in Edmonton. I am not happy with the one that I have now and that is an understatement. I have not received any rent and the property has been rented for 2.5 months, They have only emailed me an invoice that has multiple costs that I dont understand and have no invoices for, such as advertising costs for long after the property was rented. Is it okay to post the name of this company here or not? I have to make numerous calls and send emails before I get an answer back. The utilities were to be paid by the tenant but I am still getting utility bills. Finally after trying to contact the property manager by phone and email they said they would send a letter to the tenant.

I really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much

Hi Lorna,

Winnie here. I live in the Edmonton area. I have 5 properties myself . Ièm definately curious as to who your proeprty manager is - I will want to stay away from them for sure !!! As for suggestions I have a few so please feel free to email me : [email protected] and from there I can provide #.

All the best,

Miss Winnie

sfraser

Registered
I can echo Brent`s troubles, very similar experiences.

We are trying out two different property managers currently in Edmonton to see if either one will do what they are paid to. It is a real challenge and not just Edmonton.

jamurphy

Registered
Hi Lorna,

I too am happy to discuss my property management experiences in Edmonton....if you e-mail your tel# to me, I will call you.

I work with Libertas.

Best of luck
James M

PLam

Registered
I fired my property manager back in Oct 2007. I now self manage 15 properties in Edmonton and I live in Vancouver. Cash flow went way up and expenses go way down. Email me at [email protected] and I will give me a few tips.

Peter

behardner

Registered
QUOTE (Meziek @ Jul 30 2009, 11:03 AM) Kirkside Property Management is by far the hell of property management! I am have a formal complaint filed with www.reca.ca about Kirkside Property Management. I have asked them to audit all three years worth of the monthly statements Kirkside Property Managnement send me. I am calling all unhappy clients of Kirkside Property Management to file a formal complaint with www.reca.ca. If they find that you have been cheated by Kirkside Property Management and cannot retrieve the funds, RECA will try to give you the money back from the Realtors Assurance Fund.

I AM CALLING ALL UNHAPPY AND GOT RIPPED OFF CURRENT OR PAST CLIENTS OF KIRKSIDE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT TO FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH WWW. RECA.CA!

James I am currently shopping around for a property manager if I could get some info off of you , that would be great !! what services do you provide? what do you charge? are you certified ?

Hope to hear from you soon
Kris

Top Bottom